MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 05-26-2008, 10:05 PM

Look for this Georgia maker at the Blade

I picked up this piece, for Avery, at the 2006 Great South Show. The maker is Garrett White. He is the son of knifemaker Gerald White. Knifemaking runs in this family with their youngest son also being quite a good maker.

I'll never forget the first time John and I met Garrett. We were at a Flint River show and John had been out looking at knives (and going to the supply table). When he came back, before even showing me what he picked up from the supply tables, he told me about this young maker a few tables down that was so good it was astounding. As any wife would I assured John there was not a better maker around than him but he immediately told me to go down and look at his work.

As good as Garrett's work is, it does not hold a candle to the character of this young man. He is humble and had his head screwed on straight. Gerald and Tammy can be so very proud of the fruit of their labor with their children.

If you are at the Blade Show, be sure and look him up.

mrsjoan

Last edited by mrsjoan; 05-26-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:54 AM

I'd have to second that!
Garrett is one very fine knifemaker. You just need to handle one of his exquisite folders to know this for sure. Once you've met his parents, you'll know why.
I'm still trying to corrupt him with fire and hammer (as he lives close now). My guess is he will be at the show sharing a table with his dad and little brother - both very gifted knifemakers as well.
All three have spent many hours with top craftsmen in the trade. Two I know of, Sandy Morrissey and Mike Wilson, are GA Guild members. I'm sure there are others. The best part is they each have their own distinctive style/influence on their work and you can tell.
When you have that much talent in one shop, nothing less than their best will pass out the door.

Great picture Joan!

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H

Tags
blade, forge, knife, knives