MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > The Trade Report

The Trade Report This forum is for posting comments on your transactions with Knife Network members. Good comments can go a long, long way ... and so can bad. This board will be tightly monitored. Please keep on topic.

Old 06-24-2004, 05:33 PM
Living Legend

Bulldogsblades

Well, I'll make the inaugural post on this forum. There has been a lot of grief and aggravation caused by a person who came onto CKD and lured people into thinking he was a valid businessman with products to sell to the knifemaking community. I would strongly recommend anyone wishing to purchase from Rick Watson aka Bulldogsblades aka Pitbullsblades carefully read this thread:

http://www.knifenetwork.com/forum/sh...8&page=1&pp=15

This is a caveat to all to be certain who you are dealing with. If we are to maintain the trust and "handshake and a man's word" as his bond, then we must also police ourselves against this type of questionable behavior.

This new forum can help us all maintain the atmosphere that keeps our commitment to ethic and integrity. A great inclusion in the KNET.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:46 PM
Hall of Famer

Well said Mike! Your post on that matter is where it belonged, at the top of the list! A proper warning to start this new forum with. I'm betting that because of your efforts, posts, calls, letters, over the past several weeks, you've saved many of us from being drawn in to this shameful scam. Thank you.

Hensarling Custom Knives

Old 06-29-2004, 01:49 PM
Master

Whats the latest on this?
Mongo-

Old 06-29-2004, 02:13 PM
Living Legend

Hi, Rob,

Hope all is well with you.

The current status on this essentially remains the same. I never got the hammers he claimed to have sent, casting grave doubt on his claim. Kelly got the same with his MO. No one has gotten any money back that I know of. It will be up to those with a legitmate claim of debts owed to pursue it legally should they so choose.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:28 PM
Enthusiast

The Postal Service, via a letter to the local postmaster, was very sucessful for me in obtaining return of my money from a firm which did not deliver as promised. My letter was forwarded to their Postal Investigation service which responded immediately. I got my money back!

You do need copies of order and payment sent via US Mail to enclose with your complaint. And, follow up letters asking for refunds or delivery have to be sent via US Mail. The service is free. I found them much more responsive than the local state district attorney consumer complaint office, which seemed more interested in felony dollar amounts.

The US Treasury Department investigates computer fraud via the Secret Service. I've only been envolved with one of their actions resulting from a Ebay scam, but you might try them if you used email order & payment. In either case, don't think the method of shipment was an issue since one was unspecified and the other via overnight courier.