MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > The Watering Hole

The Watering Hole Weekends, girlfriends or happenings ... no knife talk allowed!

Old 10-03-2013, 08:34 PM

I'm still battling that long road to being self taught. Love the acoustic, and Tommy Emmanuel is who enjoy the most, check him out on you tube.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Enthusiast

Absolutely! Tommy is THE MAN!!! He's an unbelievable player and is the best on the planet as far as I'm concerned... There's lots of good videos on good old youtube. If you're shooting for skills like Mr. Emmanuel, that's a long, long, long road... He's the baddest of the bad! He's got a natural, God-given gift that few will ever have and I wish I knew what he forgot!

Check out these guys...

Siggi Mertens (rock and roll, blues and even some Tommy lessons!)
Damian Bacci (rockabilly)
Marty Scwartz (blues)

They're all great online teachers and you'll pick up at last a trick or two from each of them. They don't assume that the viewer is an expert player and won't overwhelm you...

Old 10-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Administrator

You're right, Tommy has real skill!

Here's some technicians to check out.
Les Paul
Robert Fripp
Roy Clark
Jeff Beck

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 10-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Administrator

On the PRS...

I've only bought one guitar online that I liked to play. I learned that you have to pick it up and play it to see if you like how it feels. I made the "fat neck" mistake on a Les Paul, and on an SG. Both of them had fatter necks than I like, but I didn't know what they were describing in the write-ups.

PRS has so many neck sizes, like everyone now, that you're really better off picking enough of them up until you feel what you like. I'm also a big fan of checking the fretwork for feel. There's a major difference in the way one plays out of the box, depending on the fretwork finish.

I guess what I'm saying is, the local music store has a place in the world, since most instruments are touchy-feely things. They all look good in the photos!

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC

Tags
art, awesome, bee, build, custom, darrel, hammer, hobby, hot, made, man, ralph, rat, rod, store, white