MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > The North Carolina Custom Knifemakers Guild Forum

The North Carolina Custom Knifemakers Guild Forum The North Carolina Custom Knifemakers Guild. Raising the general awareness of custom knives and the people who make them.

Old 08-28-2015, 01:09 PM
Steel Addict

What steel would you use.....

I went on a hunt in South Africa in July. It was a wonderful experience. The owners want me to make them a knife after seeing the one I brought on my hunt. To give you some background, they hunt in South Africa (no problem) and Mozambique (the problem). The Mozambique concession is a 600,000 acre swamp that they ride and wade through to primarily hunt cape buffalo. Toughness and corrosion resistance are there needs. What steel would you suggest for a project like this.

Tags
knife, make, problem, project, steel, toughness, what steel