MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > The North Carolina Custom Knifemakers Guild Forum

The North Carolina Custom Knifemakers Guild Forum The North Carolina Custom Knifemakers Guild. Raising the general awareness of custom knives and the people who make them.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:26 PM

KMG has a variable speed set up with wheel and platen for 2 grand. That is considerably less than the 3 grand for the triple arm tag 101, but it flips horizontal. I think 2 grand is my maximum for now. It would be nice to buy something modular, so as you get more into it you can pick up another add on. I guess i want a good platform that will grow as needed. So now i know i want a Variable speed. Now i need to pick the best grinder that will have the most options for expanding capabilities going forward. I don't want to get pigeon holed and i don't want to buy twice. If that makes sense. I have the money now so i am ready to buy.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:55 PM
Skilled

I love my KMG! beaumontmetalworks.com Rob Rocks!

"We shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And watch where the chalk-white arrows go
To the place where the sidewalk ends." Shel Silverstein
Old 09-06-2014, 12:02 PM

Anyone within an hour or so of Winston Salem who sales KMG' or do i need to order online. Was hoping to drive someplace to get one. Road trip! Doesn't appear searching google is turning up much. I apparently live in a desert when it comes to knife making supplies.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:34 PM
Steel Addict

If ya want a KMG you either have to order online and take a road trip to ohio! As far as I know you have to deal with Rob directly. I made the drive to Robs shop and picked mine up. Pretty impressive set up he has!
Old 09-06-2014, 12:38 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPScherer View Post
By the way we live in Davie county which is near Winston Salem. The VFD alone is about $600 and i would need 220. Right now i don't have 220 in my shop, but i will in a few months i think.
DPScherer,

I have to disagree ! Here is the one I have it is a (TECO FM 50)

I have been using it on my KMG Clone I built to my custom spec's just about Two (2) Years ago and it works Flawlessly and has never had one single issue to this day with very heavy use. take a loos at its set up and how I installed it in a anti-element box it has a filter on the bottom to filter the incoming air and vent out going so it does not over heat .

However you will need 220 for best results! BUT, you can set this unit up for 110 and get a 110 motor and change it later when you have more cabbage (funds) .

Here is the KMG Clone FIVE (5) PHOTOS HERE :

http://imgur.com/BSMnVIc,Untvt0L,9Bv...Ba9M,TRNNnj2#0

HERE on FLEA BAY are the UNITS for sale and ***NOT for $600:
(***NOTE you can find them about anywhere for sale. )

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=teco+fm50

GO with Rob @ :

Beaumont Metal Works you will NOT be disappointed and the KMG will grow with you as your knife making skills grow . after all Robs KMG is what I made My KMG Clone after Mine is a Beast with much heaver material and bells & whistles with custom mods to help me with my disabilities and make things easier on me.

Good luck, Best Regards & Blessings Brother

Live and Let Live , Do Not trespass on Life or Me! As we are not so kind or forgiving !

Last edited by R. Yates; 09-06-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:54 PM
Enthusiast

The Wilmont is a better choice

I have a Wilmont Tag 101 and the best investment out there. IT IS MADE IN NC! Cant get closer than that and it is a more versatile machine. Horizontal and vertical capabilities! Well worth the money and Chris is the Man. You will kick yourself later if you don't check out the Wilmont!

Old 09-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Skilled

Wilmont Tag 101 @ $3000.00 ? WOW !!!

Beaumont Metal Works, KMG is a Beast and Much Cheaper ! and has more with it for much less $$$

Sorry Brother Panvelky it is just the Facts.

Ret, Sgt. Yates

Live and Let Live , Do Not trespass on Life or Me! As we are not so kind or forgiving !
Old 09-11-2014, 09:20 AM
Enthusiast

Facts....

So, the facts as stated, you get more for less. I have used both and your definition of "beast" must be different than mine, but if you have never used a Wilmont your definition could be skewed. Have you ever actually used a Wilmont Tag101 to make a knife? I have actually used both and chose a Wilmont. I am not just stating what I think about something I read about or heard about. Make your own choice based on your needs and what you can afford, bottom line.

Last edited by Panvelky; 09-11-2014 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Skilled

im still setting $$$ aside for a TW-90.

anyone had the chance to try one of these out?

Tags
art, awesome, bee, blade, building, chris, custom, custom knife, easy, for sale, grinder, heat, knife, knife making, knifemaker, knives, making, man, motor, sell, shop, stock removal, supply, weld, what kind