MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 11-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Enthusiast

randall

SB, it is very dense like ivory. The fondel factor, it took mary two weeks to pry it out of my hands.

Jason it is good to hear from you. Mary does treat it like a huge shopping mall. Last april she twisted my arm to buy her a new browing over and under shotgun. That place is nothing but a huge toy store.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Enthusiast

Hi, absoloutly beautiful knife. Thank you for posting those pictures. The Narwhal has stunning character and depth. I only own two: a #12-6 little bear and #2-6, neither with silver hardware You have a real treasure there for certain. As you say, you did not buy it from me. If I had owned that knife I would have never sold it!!! EVER! However, Moose is correct that the dealer from whom you purchased the knife bought the silver from me. And you are also correct about his being a reputable person, but the truth is that every Randall authorized dealer is a walking example of integrity in business. I ship on open account to all authorized Randall dealers, frequently thousands of dollars in a single order, and have never given a second thought to it. Never had to send a reminder note and never expect to.

Hosting provided by FotoTime
Hosting provided by FotoTime
Obviously this is the #12-6 Little Bear, I don't have a picture of the #2-6, it's at the engraver right now as is the #12-6. Note how much deeper and richer the .999% fine silver looks on the Smithsonian as compared with the nickel silver. That Smithsonian just knocks my socks clean off!! Regards, Doug

Last edited by silverknife; 11-06-2005 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:03 PM
Skilled

Doug,
"Never had to send a reminder note"? Obviously, ya' never sent me any silver during, or just before / after hunting season!! Best, Captain Chris Stanaback
P.S. Greg sent me some leatherwork during hunting season one time, and, not only was I late in paying him, but I didn't even get to the box to open it until February!! I believe he sent it in November!! Make a note to yourself: Don't do any business with the Captain from Thanksgiving until Valentine's Day!! Best, CCS

Old 11-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Enthusiast

Hunting season is different. No one in their right mind would expect the Cap to put down his _____________ (fill in the blank with: rifle, shotgun, pistol, musket, revolver, bow, boomarang, bolo, big rock, angry words, ) and pick up a pen for goodness sakes! That just wouldn't be right! Regards, Doug
Old 11-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Steel Addict

Jason,
WELCOME !!! It is great to have you posting here and I hope that you will stop in often.

Wayne

Old 11-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Steel Addict

Jason, welcome to KNF..... !

Ryan or anyone..... how does this ivory compare in cost to the more common elephant, or walrus?

Last edited by tunefinK; 11-07-2005 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Enthusiast

randall

Tunfink
The cost of norwhale is much more than elephant or walurs. If I rember right it is one hundred and some dollars an inch. 8o I think if I am wrong please correct me. With that said I think it is worth every nickle. I whish I could have some more knives made with norwhale. Also as an idea I am thinking of have it engraved by Ron Skaggs. What do you guys think?

Last edited by pigsticker; 11-09-2005 at 10:25 PM. Reason: wrong
Old 11-10-2005, 04:01 AM
Steel Addict

I think engraving is a great idea...... and Ron will do a fine job.

Tags
knife, knives