MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 06-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Steel Addict

Georgia Guild at The Blade Show

I would like to thank Randy Scott and all the volunteers that worked the Georgia Knife makers Guild Table at the Blade Show and I know I speak for all the Georgia makers that had tables too. You did a fantastic job of representing the Georgia makers and directing people to the tables of fellow makers. A special thanks to Bill Snow for loaning us his table in such a choice location. For those of you that were unable to attend, you really missed a good show. Try to get it on your schedule next year. You will have a ball.

www.twinxblades.com
Director Knifemakers Guild

Old 06-13-2011, 07:07 AM

I appreciate all the work the Capn' did this weekend (been there - done it). He did a great job and, as always, was ready with a helping hand anywhere needed. Couldn't get by the table much, but he managed to wrangle up some pretty decent help. Thanks to all of you volunteers that gave him the support of time and display supplies. Well done all round.
Randy took a lot of pictures so maybe he can be inticed to post a few.
Good seeing all you guys.

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 06-13-2011, 08:24 AM

Charlie and Carl, thank you for the kind words. As usual there were many hands helping to make the event successful.

First, James Mitchell designed and provided the new Guild banner that has our logo on both sides. Thank you James.

Next, the Guild had thirteen members exhibiting at Blade 2011 and they are (alphabetically by last name):

Dennis Bradley
Will Dutton (assisted by Tyler)
Dylan Fletcher (his first show)
Stephen Fowler
Warren Glover (assisted by Scott Davidson)
Rade Hawkins
Wayne Hensley
Kevin Hoffman
Charlie and Harry Mathews
Jim Ragsdale
Carl Rechsteiner (assisted by John Costa and Don Adams)
Andy Roy
Joe Sangster (his first show)

The volunteers who manned the table were (in no particular order):
Bill Snow ? as noted earlier, he ?loaned us his spot?. Thank you Bill.
Scott Davidson
Doug Adams
Jim Hamer
Don Adams
Marsha and Aaron Brewer (pulled double duty at the Flint River Knife Club table)
Henry Cambron (he also provided the display case ? see below)
David McNeal
Jerry Costin (Jerry pulled also pulled double duty at the Flint River table)

I thank each one of you. If I missed someone, I apologize. I tried to keep up as people came and went but I have that CRS disease and sometimes I Can?t Remember Squat!

Yes, I have photos to be downloaded and resized to keep from killing the folks on dial-up service. I may be able to get them posted today.

As mentioned, Henry Cambron again provided the display case wherein we displayed ?volunteered loaner? knives from members exhibiting. Additionally, two of our newer members who joined the Guild in May, Hank Hammond and Steve Gatlin, lent a knife for the case. The case was full. We may have to consider another case next year or a different format for exhibiting loaner knives. The knives are the ?hook? for folks to stop and look.

The primary purpose of the table is to expose Georgians to our members engaged in the art and craft of knifemaking. Additionally, in engaging folks in conversation you learn there are Georgians out there making knives who have never heard of us. Then engage that individual in that we are an educational guild and strive to pass along knowledge and teach the craft.

We did get a lot of lookers and I have a list of eleven folks who want to be notified of meetings, etc..

And, finally, I didn?t accomplish this by myself. There were lots of helping hands and I thank each of you.

Randy
Old 06-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Skilled

Randy & fellow members of the Guild , thanks for all you did & the support given me . Makes me proud to be a member of such a fine group !

Joe
Old 06-14-2011, 10:37 AM

Blade Show 2011 - Guild members exhibiting photos

It seems that the photo's will be downloaded as thumbnails and will be grouped together at the bottom of the post. I'll attempt to download the photos in the same sequence as the text

Dennis Bradley straightening up a little.

Will Dutton?s table; Starting center and clockwise; unknown person, Warren Glover, I don?t know his name but he machined a knife out of a 35 pound block of steel and that it what everyone is looking at, Wayne Hensley, Will Dutton and finally, Will?s grandson Skyler.

Fiddleback Forge (aka Andy Roy) table
Unknown person behind Andy?s table. Sorry Andy, I know I took a photo with you in the shot and? well, it seems to have gone to digital heaven.

Dylan Fletcher in front of his table, his wife behind the table.

Stephan Fowler and a couple of visitors.

Warren Glover, aka Bubba Knives, chatting with a visitor.

Rade Hawkins chatting with a visitor.

Wayne and Becky Hensley at their table.

Kevin Hoffman at his table.

Charlie and Harry Mathews, aka Twin Blades, speaking with a visitor.

Jim Ragsdale is standing at the end of his table engaged in conversation.

Carl Rechsteiner, aka CRex, looking over his display.

Joe Sangster?s wife Sally, is talking with Jim Collins. Joe, I took a photo of you at the table and, it too, went to digital heaven.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bradley.jpg (73.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Dutton.jpg (61.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Fiddleback.jpg (67.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Fletcher.jpg (66.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Fowler.jpg (69.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Glover.jpg (63.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Hawkins.jpg (61.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Hensley2.jpg (76.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Hoffman.jpg (61.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg TwinBlades.jpg (58.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Ragsdale.jpg (73.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Crex.jpg (64.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Sangster.jpg (61.7 KB, 26 views)
Old 06-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Enthusiast

Great pic's Randy,Missed everyone see you next time geoge
Old 06-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Steel Addict

Hey Randy , the guy in the back ground that made the knife from a 35 pound bar of steel was Edmond Davidson,a Knifemakers Guild board member from West Virginia. Not the Ga guild. Scott

Tags
blade, christmas, digital, forge, hunter, knife, knifemaking, knives, post, supplies, tang, teach