MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 05-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Steel Addict

Pictures

Can anyone tell me how to resize my pictures when i post them on here . Scott

Old 05-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Skilled

I think we had a demonstration on that at the Feb meeting and someone went hog hunting instead and didn't bring us any sausage either......

If you have Microsoft Office you go to Microsoft Office tools and select Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Select the picture you want to resize then right click and select edit on the popup. Select "resize" option and hit "Predefined Width and Height". Scroll down and select "Document -small 800x 600". Then hit "ok" at the bottom. Exit the program and select save the changes. Your picture is resized.

You might want to go smaller if you are going to let Knifenetwork host the picture. I use a picture hosting site because of the volume of pictures I can store and post as well as the larger size. I do like to do this only on copies of the original incase you screw it up. Some of the older Microsoft programs had the editing program associated with "My Pictures" and you could just select the edit option when you right click the picture and get the same thing I described above.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:04 AM
Steel Addict

Ouch !!

Them hogs need killin'

Thanks Harry , that got it done , now i can post some pictures . Thanks Scott

Old 05-15-2009, 05:39 AM
Skilled

Harry does not hit anyone very often, but man when he does it hurts. Dang Scott that one even hurt me.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:34 AM
Skilled

That wasn't a hit! That was just a little poke in the ribs. Going to be looking for some pictures Scott. I love to see pictures that people took of the meetings and wish more would post them. I always notice something I didn't see myself or see someone I didn't get a chance to talk with.

Scott I meant to add that if you can't do it with your program, some of the picture hosting sites have the programs necessary to reduce the size of a photo too. Photo Bucket being a free one, but you have to put up with a lot of ads.

It was a good meeting at Wayne's Shop. Wade it's good to see that you are keeping up with us here in Georgia. Hope you are doing well out there. Are you planning on coming back for the Blade Show?

Old 05-15-2009, 07:45 AM
Steel Addict

Harry , i was wanting to post a picture on the network " the display case " . It was telling me the picture was too big , thats why i needed to resize . I was able to get it done with what i have . Thanks a bunch . See ya'll at the show . Scott

Tags
blade, knife