MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 05-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Enthusiast

Another military Knife give-a-way almost done !!!!

Today i made the pommel it was the 2nd time i've used my lathe ,still need to drill the hole for the lanyard and trim it then make it shinny .this knife is 440c 1/4" thick 7" blade , i'll have his name and rank on one side and the name of the camp he guarded and dates he was there on the other side. The handle will have the Afghanistan campaign ribbon colors starting right after the guard then leather the rest of the way to the pommel,The pommel and guard are 304 SS ,its going to be hand polished to mirror then put in a show case ,for his desk,wall unit something like that. He's out of the military when he gets back,20 year reg. then 17 years res. i'll send pix's out when i'm done.just wanted to show off my 2nd time ever using a lathe.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:33 PM

I know this post is over a year old, but I would love to see the finished knife. The pics you have posted are awesome and leave me wanting more.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Skilled

Me too! I'd like to know what people seal leather washers with, as well.

Tags
awesome, blade, knife, leather, military, post