MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Photography Discussion

Knife Photography Discussion Share and improve your techniques on knife photography. Web and print imaging discussions welcome. Come on in ...

Old 11-15-2009, 08:24 AM
Enthusiast

Little Guy on Black

Here are a couple of more shots (hopefully better) ?

Old 11-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Steel Addict

Cal,

I like the fact the backround is darker and the knife itself is more in focus. Picture #1 I think you would have a stronger image with the knife and sheath more on a slant than vertical, the feather is still not working for me in this image, I think it's more the placement than anything. I would prefer to see the sheath flipped over from left to right (personal preference). Like the fact that you're thinking outside of the box and trying different compositions. Image #2, the angle of the shot makes the blade, sheath appear tilted. I am assuming you were taking the picture with the camera tilted, trying to get everything in focus and this is what I am seeing. I would also like the sheath flipped over from the top. I think it would improve the overall image and without the inset. I would maybe try a composition with the knife and sheath separated a little more (side to side).

Here is another take on your picture. A simplified version.

Last edited by Barbara Turner; 11-15-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Turner
Cal,

I like the fact the backround is darker and the knife itself is more in focus. Picture #1 I think you would have a stronger image with the knife and sheath more on a slant than vertical, the feather is still not working for me in this image, I think it's more the placement than anything. I would prefer to see the sheath flipped over from left to right (personal preference). Like the fact that you're thinking outside of the box and trying different compositions. Image #2, the angle of the shot makes the blade, sheath appear tilted. I am assuming you were taking the picture with the camera tilted, trying to get everything in focus and this is what I am seeing. I would also like the sheath flipped over from the top. I think it would improve the overall image and without the inset. I would maybe try a composition with the knife and sheath separated a little more (side to side).

Here is another take on your picture. A simplified version.

Thanks for the comments Barbara,

Actually the second shot was taken,like the first,in portrait.When I down loaded the photo it was landscape ???? Why I don't know,so I just left it that way.
Your right about the pheasant feather, I must have moved it 10 times.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Steel Addict

Thanks for the explanation, that explains why it appears slanted to me. There is a tool in Elements to flip the photo, check your help section. It should be under Image or Edit?.

Tags
blade, knife