MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 09-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Master

Friend Mike

The protector is realized to the strong water and the leaf of the knife also. An ink is used that is usually sold in the very specialized stores of Fine arts (it tints antacid) and the acid that I use is usually the nitric acid.

Thank you for their words.

Montejano
-------------------------

Amigo Mike

El protector est? realizado al " agua fuerte " y la hoja del cuchillo tambi?n . Se emplea una tinta que se suele vender en las tiendas muy especializadas de Bellas Artes ( tinta anti?cida ) y el ?cido que empleo normalmente es el ?cido n?trico.

Gracias por sus palabras .

Montejano
Old 09-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Master

Montejano

Old 09-01-2005, 04:51 PM
Guru

I am in awe!! I think this thread has been my favorite one of yours. That etch turned out beautiful!!!

Old 09-02-2005, 03:48 AM
Master

Montejano

Thank you friend David.

I have shown all the pictures that I promised. I thank to all the friends, their patience in seeing the pictures and I hope it has been instructive.

A hug to all.

Montejano
Old 09-02-2005, 07:23 AM
Skilled

wow! Thats all I can say..........Wow!

Old 09-02-2005, 07:53 AM
Skilled

Very nice job. And very informative.
You are truly a wonderful artiest.
Thank you for being so generous with your knowledge.
Darren

DarrenP.Reeves
Custom Hand Engraving
Billings, Montana

1-406-245-3444

Knife in Avatar
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Enthusiast

A truly inspirational piece of art!

Thanks for sharing your process on this knife.

Randy
Old 09-02-2005, 10:07 AM
Steel Addict

Beautiful work, as usual.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Steel Addict

Montejano,

I'm in awe. That's realy one beautiful knive. One day I want to own a knife like that. Does this one havea home already?

Marcel
Old 09-02-2005, 01:02 PM
Master

Thanks to all the friends of the forum that have looked at my knife. Some have said and other alone one has looked; but my gratefulness to all you.
For an artisan, it is important to know that their works build up hopes other friends. I will continue working and learning technical.
In the year 2000 received Teacher's Artisan diploma (engraver) and nowadays, in the year 2005, I understand that so alone I am an apprentice.
I hope to continue progressing, especially with the engravings and some day I hope to deserve Teacher's diploma that they gave me in Spain.
Marcel
For the moment, the knife has my home.
A hug

Montejano
-------------------------

Gracias a todos los amigos del foro que han mirado mi cuchillo . Algunos han opinado y otros solo han mirado ; pero mi agradecimiento a todos vosotros.
Para un artesano, es importante saber que sus trabajos ilusionan a otros amigos . Seguir? trabajando y aprendiendo t?cnicas .
En el a?o 2000 recib? el diploma de Maestro Artesano ( grabador ) y hoy dia , en el a?o 2005, comprendo que tan solo soy un aprendiz .
Espero continuar progresando , especialmente con los grabados y alg?n dia espero merecer el diploma de Maestro que ellos me dieron en Espa?a .
Marcel
De momento, el cuchillo tiene mi hogar .
Un abrazo

Montejano
Old 09-05-2005, 08:14 PM
Skilled

Montejano
This is another beautiful piece you have produced. What a great lesson on knife making.
How long does the nitric acid take to etch the steel? Do you dip it in or one side at a time?
Great job
Thanks for posting.
Mike Cirelli
Old 09-06-2005, 12:37 AM
Steel Addict

Send a message via AIM to Cold Steel Cult
Montejano- (no se mucho espanol, pero lo intento) Este cuchillo es un trabajo de arte. Es un cuchillo mas bonito en el foro. Me encanta sus trabajos, y los grabados son magnificos. Gracias para compartir este proceso muy interesante. (Y por favor, perdon el espanol crudo, mi amigo) No entiendo como lo haces. Por favor continue este trabajo grande, hermano.

Old 09-06-2005, 04:47 AM
Master

Cirelli

The action of the acid on the metals is unforeseeable; multiple factors depend.Cirelli

The action of the acid on the metals is unforeseeable; multiple factors depend. But to make an engraving as east of the knife, it is not task easy to carry out and the time depends on other external factors (environmental temperature, heating of the acid, etc... ) ; I am glad them to be interested in the engraving; the technique to make this engraving type is complex and many years they are needed to dominate her properly.

Cold Steel....

Thank you friend for their words on my work and to look at my works; I am glad them to say on my engravings. For general term, they say on the whole on the knife, but they don't say on the engraving and it sometimes disappoints me. But what has gotten me the attention, has been the last word of their message brother "; they have not called me I never mate in the forums and the truth that I thank him this consideration; the word brother, is symptom of fraternity and it estimates.
Therefore thanks to you, my BROTHER.
I also thank their effort in speaking in Spanish.

A hug

Montejano
---------------------------------------------------
Cirelli

La acci?n del ?cido sobre los metales es imprevisible ; dependen multiples factores . Pero hacer un grabado como este del cuchillo , no es tarea f?cil de realizar y el tiempo depende de otros factores exteriores ( temperatura ambiental , calentamiento del ?cido , etc... ) ; me alegra que se interesen por el grabado ; la t?cnica para hacer este tipo de grabado es compleja y se necesitan muchos a?os para dominarla debidamente.

Cold Steel ....

Gracias amigo por sus palabras sobre mi trabajo y por mirar mis trabajos ; me alegra que opinen sobre mis grabados . Por t?rmino general , opinan sobre el cuchillo en conjunto , pero no opinan sobre el grabado y algunas veces me decepciona .Pero lo que me ha llamado la atenci?n , ha sido la ?ltima palabra de su mensaje " hermano "; no me han llamado hermano nunca en los foros y la verdad, que le agradezco esta consideraci?n ; la palabra hermano , es s?ntoma de fraternidad y estima .
Por lo tanto gracias a usted , mi HERMANO.
Agradezco tambi?n su esfuerzo en hablar en espa?ol.

Un abrazo

Montejano
Old 09-06-2005, 08:21 AM
Steel Addict

All of my word is WOW

Tags
blade, knife, knife making, knives