MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 02-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Enthusiast

Guild meeting

Hi Guys
I am wanting to join the Georgia Knifemakers Guild.
But on the web site they aren't accepting new members for some reason.
Somewere I saw that the next meeting is going to be in Cumming.
Dose anyone know the date and directions.
I am a newby knife maker although I have been building them from bought blades for 20 years. Now it is time to grind my own blade.
I live in Cleveland Ga and have met up with Waren Glover and he is helping me. But I would like to meet up with anyone that is fairly close to pick there brains. I am going to go to the Trackrock Hammerin at the end of this month
so maybe I will meet some of you there.

Any Help would be appreciated.
Thanks
MoblMec
Tim
Old 02-20-2012, 07:46 PM

Hi Tim,

First, thanks for the interest in the Georgia Custom Knifemaker's Guild (GCKG for short).

Second, the website needs a little work, but be assured we are accepting new members.

Third: The date has not be set for the next GCKG meeting, our host decides on the date. When that date is set, the announcement will be posted in a thread within this forum. So stay tuned to this forum.

Fourth: Warren Glover is good people and you can't go wrong picking his brains!

Fifth: If you update your profile to include your location - Cleveland, GA is all that is necessary - it will help other members know how close they are to you. I know of at least five that are within a 30 minute drive of Cleveland.

Sixth: The Trackrock date is the end of March.. I know.. just adds 30 more days to the wait. However, you will meet a bunch of us there.

And finally, if you will click on my name and open my profile, find the link to either send a PM or an email to me, with you email address, I will send you an application and the contact info on our Treasurer. You can complete and mail the hard copy application to him along with the appropriate fee and you will become a member. Of course, should you have any additional questions you may ask them or provide a phone number and I'll contact you direct.

Randy Scott
GCKG, Secretary
Old 02-21-2012, 05:45 AM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoblMec View Post
Hi Guys
I am wanting to join the Georgia Knifemakers Guild.
But on the web site they aren't accepting new members for some reason.
Yeah, I keep removing the signup link, and every time I update the back-end software it keeps coming back. Guild signups don't happen online because I have to manually create your gallery and link it to your profile, plus you have to present some knives to the Board for jurying.

But Randy's right -- we're always open for new members!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist
Old 02-21-2012, 06:39 AM

Tim
Looking forward to meeting you at Trackrock. Be sure to locate me and say hello.
Randy's spot on, you are near to a lot of excellent knifemakers. Any time you can spend in any of their shops is time well spent.
Guess you have already figured it out that Bubba is a class act all the way (as are all the members of the Guild).

Little warning......I'll do my best to lure you away from the grinder! Anvils are the king of tools and hammers rule!

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H

Tags
custom, knifemaker, knives, software