MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 06-26-2014, 04:03 PM
Enthusiast

Thank You all

Wanted to let you all know that the 3 young men you met at Scotts, and generously gave them knifemaking supplies are all great young men, and the parents are all behind this. Also, surprisingly, the teacher who is in charge of the senior projects has now been to the shop, with parents and the boys, and she has said that this is the best project that she has seen in years...
so we have a great advocate in her. Each of the boys has now ground 3 knives, and 2 have finished knives except for sharpening, and taken them home to show Mom and Dad. We are taking photos, and the boys have to write a paper about the what and how of the project, so at the next guild meeting, they will have knives and photo s for you all to see.
All the parents are really involved. One father called me today and asked if he could come up on Saturday and work on a knife....one Mom has a degree in art, and has asked for some help with scrimshaw.....AND, one Mom brought a big plate of cookies one day when her son was here...so we really do have a serious project with the families all involved. Already had one cook-out, and they tell me another one is being planned. The boys just can't seem to get enough shop time. I let one come on Monday, one Tuesday and one Wednesday from 9am to 2pm, and when I can, I let them get an extra hour or two. Today there were 2 guys at the same time, but it was OK.
Anyway, you are all a part of this project because of your help to them, and in my mind, I feel you are all pulling for us to succeed....so Thank you all!!!.....james Mitchell
Old 06-26-2014, 07:14 PM
Steel Addict

Sounds good James. I sure they will succeed with you teaching them.
Doug Adams
Jn.3:16
Old 06-26-2014, 07:50 PM
Steel Addict

Sounds good James. I sure they will succeed with you teaching them.
Doug Adams
Jn.3:16

Tags
art, bee, home, knifemaking, knives, scrimshaw, sharpening, shop, supplies