MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 05-16-2017, 09:18 PM
Skilled

Whose attending Blade show 2017

So who is going to be attending the Blade show this year?
I plan on going Friday, maybe Saturday.
My wife has family and friends in Alpharetta, so it's win-win for both of us.

Does anyone know if the vendors take payment with PayPal? Check? Or is it strictly cash?

Regards, Sam
Old 05-16-2017, 09:32 PM
Guru

All you said. Plus some vendors only take cash and the ATMs run out early according to Mr. Ed Caffrey. Dtec is going and coming down from NY so he will pass not far from you. I was going, but circumstances prevent the out-flow of the monies needed.

I really wanted to go too.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:37 PM
Skilled

Any GOOD vendor should accept Paypal. And any GOOD buyer should submit payment via friends & family.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:57 PM

Planning to be there on Saturday with a friend. It will be a doubly expensive trip. While he and I are at Blade, the wives will be at the mall. Ouch!
Old 05-18-2017, 03:15 PM
Skilled

There is definitely a price to pay for us to be in Randall heaven for a day or two...it's worth every minute. Just don't get into a spending contest
Old 05-20-2017, 04:29 PM
Skilled

Is anyone here stupid enough...I mean dumb enough...I mean so excited about blade, that you will get there early enough to get into the looooooong early bird line on Friday morning? You guessed it...I will be.
Regards, Sam
Old 06-01-2017, 02:11 PM

Looks like we should be able to get by there Friday afternoon but not in time for the early bird door buster specials. Maybe I'll get lucky and there will still be some good stuff left. ;-)

Old 06-01-2017, 03:13 PM
Guru

Thumbs up A clarifying word.

When I said the vendors can't take cards it has to do with some of the guys who have been there and reported that cell phone reception can be bad. Not many makers are going to have a hard wired phone connection. That is all I meant. It is from some guys here who have been going to the Show for years and can sell a small knife for hundreds of bucks on nothing more than their name and reputation for the best quality of knives around like Mr.

LOL, c'mon you have to like that.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:34 PM
Skilled

I will be coming to blade on Friday and Saturday. I haven't been in 2 years, so really looking forward to it.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:37 PM
Registered

The show is absolutely a must, will go again next year for sure! Dropped by some of the biggest booths for a piece of the action- seeing Doug Marcaida was great. Couldn't miss out on checking out some pieces from CRKT either. Was wondering if anyone noticed the V Nives booth? Loved the way the Atmosphere felt, and looked up what Mike Vellekamp has been doing when I got home. Found out he has a Kickstarter going on right now! Here's the link if you wanna check it out: http://kck.st/2sJNCH7

Tags
2017, bee, blade, blade show, crkt, doug marcaida, home, knife, knives, makers, randall, sell, show, small