MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 06-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Skilled

A few thanks in order!

First, as many of you know, Charlie had to leave early Sunday morning to check on our Mom who fell Saturday night. She broke a few ribs and prayers for her recovery and comfort will be greatly appreciated.

I want to thank everyone for their offers of help to give me some relief at the table on Sunday. It really meant a lot to me to know I had that many friends so close. These tables are hard to man by yourself for the duration and leaving the table un-watched is not an option.

Thanks to those that put together such a great display at The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild table. It looked fantastic and I had several people comment on it that were interested in joining the organization. Thanks also to those that manned it. I didn't get a chance to spend but a few minutes there. (Sandy got my seat during the time I had planned to be there and since he is much better at the PR game than I am, I deferred.) There was always something going on at the Georgia table, and people stopping by.

Thanks to Stephan for taking the time to bring his beautiful little daughter by our table and show her off. I could tell by just looking that she already has that innate ability to twist a big guy around her little finger. It only gets worse or better depending on your perspective. Congratulations to you and your wife Stephan. I know that we will all enjoy watching her grow up over the years and want regular reports on how she is doing.

A lot of people asked how the show was. They are all great! Some you sell more knives at than others. Some you meet more new customers at than others. For us, this one was good as far as selling knives, it was good as far as meeting new customers, but what pushed this one into the great category was the people asking how our Mom was doing and offering their help. Just doesn't get any better!

Thanks from both Charlie and I!

Old 06-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Enthusiast

I hope Mom is doing OK.

I really enjoyed the talk we had on Sunday. I can not thank you enough for the tips you gave me on finishing sheaths. You have helped me solve a problem that has actually been haunting my dreams.

On a side note, for anyone who is hesitating about coming to a Guild meeting, all I can say is, you are missing a lot! Some of our members may be legends in the knife business but they are just like you and me once you start talking to them. And I don't know any who won't share their knife making "secrets" with you.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:34 AM

More thanks in order?

Charlie & Harry, I also hope your Mom has a speedy recovery.

I want to thank all the volunteers who manned the table: Scott Davidson, Davin Kates, Harry Mathews, David McNeal, Patrick & Hilery Wilson, Henry Cambron, Doug Adams, Mike Brown, George & Deb Hancox, Carey Quinn, Joe Sangster, Jim Collins, Jerry Costin and Don Adams. If I missed anyone I apologize. I tried to keep up with everyone.

Additionally, I want to thank those Guild members who ?lent? the table a knife for display (Carl Rechsteiner, Rick Lowe, Joe Sangster, Warren Glover, Andy Roy, Henry Cambron, Will Dutton & a sheath from Sandy Morrisey!)

If anyone took a picture of the table, please post it.

The table became a little oasis of the members dropping in to visit. Met some other makers and folks interested from within Georgia and some expressed an interest in joining the Guild.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Enthusiast

Deb and I had a lot of fun and it was great to see everyone.We are praying for harry and charlies mom to heal quickly.see you in aug.george
Old 06-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Steel Addict

Hey guys , i hope " mom " is doing well, I hope she makes a speedy recovery. We will keep her in our prayers.
I also enjoyed the show . I had a great time all weekend , going around talking to everyone that was not talking to a customer at the time i came around . I hope all can make it up to my shop in Aug for the Ga guild meeting . We will have a get-together friday nite for those who want to come on up early . A little bit of food and knife talk will be in order . Scott

Last edited by Scott Davidson; 06-15-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Skilled

I thought I would post an update on Mom. She ended up with a cracked rib and some torn muscle tissue after three different Dr.'s got through looking at her. She is up and going (with a walker when we can see her and I hope when we can't too.) and is still picking up speed. She is way faster than she was before she fell. Charlie, Joe (other brother?. same mother) and I really appreciate all your prayers for her. We all know that a significant event will catch us all one day, but this one, my Mom got past just fine with your help! Thanks again!

Old 07-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Enthusiast

that is good news deb and I are glad she is doing so well.george

Tags
knife, knife making, knives, sheath