MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > This Old Knife

This Old Knife Here is a little forum dedicated to talking about, but not limited to, vintage and antique knives. Pics and stories of special knives or your favorite patterns are encouraged. No experts here. Just guys chattin about old knives and the legends we hav

Old 11-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Registered

Another knife seeking identification

I inherited this from my grandfather. I cannot make out its origins, it appears to be edged full length on one side, and half edged on the other. The handle appears to be wood with gold gilded copper wrapped and forming an eagle head with red gemstone eyes and an open beak. It measures about 11.5 inches, I do not have a scabbard nor do I see any engravings or metal grade stamps. A reverse google image search after a half an hour turned up nothing. It may have been just a cheap trinket my grandfather picked up while in the Navy or it may date to his father, circa WWII, from Turkey or Armenia.

Your help would be appreciated

Tags
bee, eagle, handle, identification, image, knife, make, metal, wood, wwii