MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > This Old Knife

This Old Knife Here is a little forum dedicated to talking about, but not limited to, vintage and antique knives. Pics and stories of special knives or your favorite patterns are encouraged. No experts here. Just guys chattin about old knives and the legends we hav

Old 10-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Registered

knife maker search

I am trying to find any information on a knife maker from Big Spring Texas. The only info I have on him is the name "WATT" stamped on the blade along with Big Spring Texas. Any idea's as to who he is or what one of his knifes might be worth ?
Old 07-22-2014, 02:40 PM
Registered

BH, I found this post after trying to find the phone of the mr watt who made a custom knife for me in the late 80s. My sheath knife was a steal then at $150 and the beauty and shape and conformation are astounding. It has hollow ground blade and is a true work of beauty, balance and function. I was wanting to call him and thank him for it. He lives in Big Spring Texas. I wish I knew if he ever competed in the profession and wish I could enter this knife as one done by the old timers. I doubt he ever received the acclaim he deserved. Eyeball. PM me for phone text pics.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

A quick google turns up a knifemaker named Freddie Watt III in Big Spring. Tel. (915) 263-6629.

Tags
blade, chef knife, custom, custom knife, cutlery, home, kitchen, knife, knifemaker, made, make, post, sheath, shop