MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Sheath/Holster Makers Forum

The Sheath/Holster Makers Forum This is the place to discuss all forms of sheath and holster making.

Old 08-19-2020, 12:43 PM
Registered

Kydex Question

Hey Guys and Girls,
I've been making kydex holsters for a little while now but I'm still a noob and I have a problem I'm wondering if a more experienced person could help me with. The main problem is I do it in my basement and it makes the house stink and drives my wife nuts. It causes arguments. I use a t-shirt press, would it smell less if I used a toaster oven or does anybody have any suggestions for me how to not make it stink up the house. I think it's a combination of both the press and toaster oven. How bad does it stink when you use a toaster oven? Thanks for any/all replies, I appreciate it.

-Rob
Old 08-19-2020, 06:11 PM
Steel Addict

Well my wife has always said my nose is broken, but I don’t smell hardly anything when I do Kydex. I use a griddle I bought at Wallys and a inferred thermometer. You maybe getting the Kydex too hot. Start with getting yourself a inferred thermometer at harbor freight and see how hot your getting it.

Erik

Old 08-22-2020, 02:09 PM
Master

I don't get any smells either. Only time was when working up the temp and it was to hot.

Tags
a, art, bee, blade, cutting, edge, holsters, home, hot, how to, kydex, making, noob, press, problem, question, software, web