MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > This Old Knife

This Old Knife Here is a little forum dedicated to talking about, but not limited to, vintage and antique knives. Pics and stories of special knives or your favorite patterns are encouraged. No experts here. Just guys chattin about old knives and the legends we hav

Old 01-06-2018, 07:13 AM
Registered

Knive / Edge Tool Trademarks

Gentlemen (and ladies if applicable),
First, hello, and my name is Todd. I manage toolarchives.com, a website dedicated to the history of mechanics' oriented tools and implements, and the manufacturers who made them.

Recently I have undertaken a massive effort to capture and make available all trademarks ever registered having to do with tools, including knives, swords, machetes, farm tools in general, etc. Thus far, I have completed 1870 (first year for trademarks) through 1890. I plan on going up to 1950. This effort takes an immense amount of time, since it requires going line-by-line and opening any trademark document that even hints at being used on the above mentioned products.

Oddly, I posted this information on a weapons forum because I'm also targeting gun, shotgun, rifle and pistol trademarks, and was banned for "marketing spam." I'm a member of 10+ tool forums and have never even come close to being banned, oh well...

Trust me, I'm not "spamming" anyone. I'm simply offering this data to anyone who might find it useful, for free, with no advertising, etc. I'm just trying to help the applicable collector communities!

So, if you folks are interested in searching and viewing these trademarks, simply reply to this thread and I'll post the links.

Being a collector of all manner of tools, I for one pick up tools and wonder who marked them like that ALL THE TIME. So, I know you pick up knives and find marks you can't identify. I'm trying to help with that.

Best Regards,

Todd

Tags
a, blade, collector, document, edge, gun, identify, knife, knives, made, make, pistol, products, spam, tool, tools, weapons