MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > This Old Knife

This Old Knife Here is a little forum dedicated to talking about, but not limited to, vintage and antique knives. Pics and stories of special knives or your favorite patterns are encouraged. No experts here. Just guys chattin about old knives and the legends we hav

Old 07-11-2017, 07:16 PM
Registered

Folding Knife from the 1860's

Have a family heirloom that was given to my great great grandfather when he was born. It is a Karlsbad folding knife wit pearl inlays with hebrew writing on one side (shabat to the child translation) and "andenken" (translates in german to momento or souvenier) with their names on it. It would be from the 1860's and I am looking for any info anyone can supply on it. It needs a good cleaning and one of the posts holding the blade innplace is loose but otherwise its in great shape. Im not sure how to post a pic as a url, so I can email them out as needed to help. Thanks!
Old 07-11-2017, 07:30 PM
Registered

Actually, its 1880's (i re-did the math with the help of my dad) if it was gifted when my relative was born, which I am assuming was the case due to the inscription. He lived from 1880 to about 1945

Tags
blade, case, cleaning, folding, folding knife, german, help., how to, knife, pearl, supply