MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 02-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Enthusiast

Yesterday

Well, another quarterly meeting at Twin Knives has come and gone...and like all the others, it was great. It is always good to see all of you, to get to know each of you a bit better and to see the beautiful knives everyone is doing. Harry and Charlie always make everyone feel so welcome, and of course, the ladies who attend just add so much class to the whole event. Just so all of you will know, Don Tommey didn't gloat TOO MUCH during that 4 hour drive back to Columbus. He did ask us a few times if we'd like to see his new knife. Seriously, Don is one GREAT guy, and we were all happy for him. I talked with him earlier this morning, and he said he was just sitting and admiring.
Thanks again for all the effort everyone put into making another good get-together. If I can help any of you, please let me know......James
Old 02-28-2010, 10:04 AM

Poythress Knife winner and collaborators

I thought you all might like to see both the winner of the Poythress knife, Don Tommey, but also the two talented collaborators of this magnificant blade, Jim Small and James Mitchell.

The Columbus boys had a great time yesterday, and enjoyed seeing and talking to everyone. I'm already looking forward to the next GCKG meeting. And thanks again, Harry and Charlie, for hosting the meeting again, and also, a BIG thank you to the ladies who fed us and swept up after us yesterday.

File Type: jpg DSC02954 (Small).JPG (60.7 KB, 31 views)
Old 02-28-2010, 10:15 AM
Enthusiast

I'm glad Don won he is a great friend and I am very happy everyone had a good time George
Old 02-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Skilled

Great knife by two artists. Don is a lucky guy! There were a lot of long faces after that drawing, mine included.

Old 02-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Skilled

My first trip to Statesboro proved to be even more enjoyable than anticipated! Want to thank Charlie, Harry and their families for providing a great place for the meeting and the warm reception for all. Thanks again!
Rick

Old 02-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Skilled

I always enjoy the Guild meetings but the ones in Statesboro do seem special. It was great to see everyone and even meet a few new friends.

I'd like to say a special thanks to Carl, Kevin, and Don for some excellent demonstrations. They were very interesting and informative.

Looking forward to the next one,
Carey

You are cordially invited to check out my web site:
Handmade Knives by Carey Quinn
Old 03-01-2010, 06:33 AM

Had a great time fellas! I appreciate all of you that took the time to make Joshua, Rick and all our other visitors welcome. It's a great crowd to be associated with.
The JPS knife couldn't have gone to a finer gentleman.........well, hmmm......maybe just one other guy I've known all my life (so far). I'm sure Don's still doing a happy dance everytime he picks it up.
I was just happy to be there and standing in the middle of a cluster of anvils just topped off the weekend!
Hope to see most of you up at Trackrock next month (March 19, 20, 21) for more fun with fire and steel.

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 03-01-2010, 07:40 AM
Steel Addict

The meeting was a really wonderful thing to have experienced. Thanks to Harry and Charlie for their hospitality.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Skilled

Great hosts , great friends, great time !!! Charlie & Harry always make the Statesboro meeting special

Joe
Old 03-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Steel Addict

Just makes me proud to call all these folks " friends ". What more can you say .

Thanks Harry & Charlie and family for the warm hospitality .

Old 03-01-2010, 10:48 PM

Great time at Twin Blades.....
I always look forward to this time of the year. The great friends and fellowship. I brought the wife along this time and she seemed to be a big hit with the "Columbus Boys".
My special thanks go out to my friend James Mitchell who was kind enough to contribute to the scholarship knife with his fine scrimshaw. A big congradulations to Don Tommey on winning the scholarship knife...and thanks to all who were apart of the drawing. The John Poythress scholarship fund grew by and over $600.00.....truley a good thing.
Charlie-Harry thanks for the fun time and great food.
I can't wait until next year.
Jim Small

Tags
blade, knife, knives, scrimshaw