MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 10-07-2006, 08:14 PM

The Great Southern Knife Show

Hi Folks,

I have just gotten home from the first day of The Great Southern Knife Show at the Cobb Civic Center in Marietta GA. I really had a good time. Since John died the hardest decisions I have had to make are to attend events such as meetings and shows. The knife world was such a hugh part of John and me together. Many times at the events I feel somewhat out of step. I am sooooo glad I did decide to go. Had I not gone, I would have missed such a great blessing of renewing friendship with many folks that John held so close to his heart.

I spent the day taking a few pictures, visiting folks and helping in the hospitality room. Everyone comes thru "the room" so you don't have to go far to find folks to visit with. From what I heard, there were several nice sales made. It was so funny to see the look on Scott Davidson's face when he thought a knife he had his eye on had gotten away from him. I picked up a nice piece from Garrett White. John held Garrett in very high esteem and when you see Garrett's work you will know why. He is an extremely talented young man.

Kay was there "holding the fort" for Pop; Jim Ragsdale, the ultimate Southern Gentleman, was there also. Charlie and Harry Matthews of TwinBlades from Statesboro GA were in attendance; as were Carl Rechsteiner (GCKG President) and John Costa, both of TrackRock fame. I enjoyed visiting with Bennie of the Chattahoochee Cutlery Club. Bennie I apologize for not remembering your last name at this point in time. John always enjoyed visiting with Bennie to see what he had added to his collection. Rade was there and managed to catch a doughnut before it hit the floor and Wayne Hensley was checking on everyone making sure they had a good time.

As you can read, "knifing" from my point of view, without John to guide me thru all that is going on is somewhat different. At meetings and shows I was the "razzle dazzle and flash" and John was the wisdom and knowledge. He always told me what was really going on as I flitted around being "social" We were a good team. But now it looks like I am going to really have to begin to pay attention and actually learn about this craft

If you did not make the show, you missed a treat. It was good to be back in among you guys. Thank you for all the care and attention you gave me.

Old 10-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Skilled

Here's a few pictures

I took a few pictures at the show of some Georgia guild members. I have a few more I hope to add later.

This is Carl Rechsteiner (Georgia Guild president), Rick Lowe, and Henry Cambron standing behind some good looking knives.

Wayne Hensley, vice president of The Knifemakers Guild, talking to a customer

Warren Glover is smiling because he just made a sale.

Tags
knife, knives