MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 12-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Enthusiast

Next Guild Meeting Feb 2014

The next meeting of the Georgia Guild will be February 8, 2014 at Twinblades http://www.twinxblades.com/ in Statesboro. More details will follow as they become available.

Update: The address is 121 Mt Pisgah Church Road. For the early arrivals, there will be the traditional social gathering on Friday night!

Last edited by Henry Cambron; 01-24-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:36 PM
Steel Addict

So far for the meeting I have Wayne showing us how to do a wrapped Damascus tang, and Stephen Fowler showing us how to build a sheath. Stephen is also making the Scholarship knife. Thank you to both of you for the help.

This leaves us one demo shy. Any help on this would be appreciated.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:20 AM

Looks like I'm going to miss this one fellas. Gheez......really hate not being there, always a good weekender trip.

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 01-04-2014, 09:18 PM
Steel Addict

Well I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you're OK.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:26 AM

I'm good, just other responsibilities that require my presence. Hope everyone has a great time. I'll surely miss being there.

C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 01-30-2014, 12:20 AM
Enthusiast

Gentlemen, Iam quite interested in attending is there a site to pre register? What would be the cost for such? As you may understand, I am going to have to sell this to M'lady, and these are things I am going to have to have answers for to insure I will not have to exercise my Lord of the castle powers.
(G)

Old 01-30-2014, 05:10 AM

By all means you should attend if you have any interest in knives and other forms of cutlery especially custom knives. The Meeting is open to the public and there are no charges to attend. Continental breakfast is usually served while the Board has it's meeting and a great lunch is provided as well.
You will get to meet and talk with some of the best knifemaking talents in the nation, see some amazing knives, and watch some very instructive demos.
Also, James Poplin of "Pop's Knife Supplies" usually attends and will have a good variety of supplies for sale.
You are welcome to participate in the Iron in the Hat event even though you are not a member. Great chance to pick up some good material/supplies on the cheap, help defray the cost of lunch, and have fun.

As far as "registering", a simple "I will be there with X number in my party", posted here will suffice.
Make sure you put on a name tag and sign in when you get there, so others will be able to identify and greet you. Don't be shy about asking questions and bring that young apprentice with you.

Only wish I could be at this one. I am sending you an email on the Trackrock Hammer-in event.

C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 01-30-2014, 06:24 PM
Enthusiast

Carl's reply to Reverend Greg reminds me, it would be nice if everyone who is planning on attending the Guild meeting would either post at a similar "I will be there with X number in my party" note here or email the Twins so that they will have an estimate on how many hungry folks will be showing up for lunch. And let them know if you're coming for the Friday night social gathering.

With that in mind, CHARLIE & HARRY, the wife and I will see you Friday evening.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:38 AM
Enthusiast

I will be in attendance for Friday night as well as the saturday event.I will most likely not bring anyone with me.
(G)

Old 01-31-2014, 10:16 AM

CHARLIE and HARRY, my wife and I will be there Fri. & Sat.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:13 PM
Steel Addict

I will be there along with James Brooker , Will Dutton, and Allen Surls. We will see ya'll Friday nite and sat. Scott

Old 02-02-2014, 05:45 AM

Will be there Friday nite and Saturday, Don Tommey and Kerrie Edwards
Old 02-02-2014, 09:27 AM
Enthusiast

Ralph and I will be there Saturday am and I have invited 3 high school students (plus 1 parent). These students have chosen, with permission from Columbus High School, to complete their senior project in Knifemaking. They have submitted a very specific proposal to the powers that be and have been approved. They will be working in my shop, and we will begin in the summer so that they do not have to rush their school days to be able to get some work done. They will work one at a time in the shop,and will attempt to make a specific number of knives (we think it will be 4 knives)They will also have to make at least one sheath, and at least attempt to engrave at least their initials on one knife. They will each have to keep a photographic record, as well as a written thesis, and at the end will have to defend/discuss the project before a panel of teachers. I hope that everyone will introduce themselves to these young men, and encourage them to help us preserve and maintain this art form we all love so much. They are all very "grounded", sincere, and interested in what we do, and I hope they come back to Columbus with a more complete perspective of the art form after meeting all of you, and seeing your work.....Thanks, James
Old 02-02-2014, 10:19 AM
Skilled

Jim Collins & I will be there Fri & Sat .
Thanks , Joe Sangster
Old 02-03-2014, 03:23 AM

I'll be there on Saturday with my wife and kids.

-Adam

Last edited by Adam Reese; 02-03-2014 at 07:52 PM. Reason: change of plans

Tags
art, blades, build, chris, custom, custom knives, cutlery, damascus, demo, for sale, hammer, how to, iron, knife, knifemaking, knives, make, making, material, post, sheath, simple, supplies, tang