MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > This Old Knife

This Old Knife Here is a little forum dedicated to talking about, but not limited to, vintage and antique knives. Pics and stories of special knives or your favorite patterns are encouraged. No experts here. Just guys chattin about old knives and the legends we hav

Old 06-23-2013, 08:52 PM

Victor Tool Co. Blade Identification

Hello all!

My father recently gave me this knife, and I was only able to track it back to something similar to the Woodman PAL series of blades. But, I can't seem to find any details about this specific blade.

Can anybody find the details please?

Thanks!
Lucas

EDIT: http://imgur.com/sdyA0Sr,4vLgPp3#0

Last edited by Lucasm822; 06-26-2013 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Added Link
Old 06-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Skilled

It should measures about 17" long with a curved blade for chopping small bushes,handle is metal and covered with wood. whit a small knock on the top Made by the Victor Tool Co. in Reading PA.with pat.applied for on the blade

They can be as ole as from WW 1,WW 2, Vietnam or other Wars they All used them. To a cheep knock off, either way your Dad gave it to you you to have fun with (make sure it is not Any of the first ones listed the Wars that is ) and then make it yours to suite you.

hopes this helps you out .

Ps Post a photo when ya get a chance .

Best Regards

Sam

Live and Let Live , Do Not trespass on Life or Me! As we are not so kind or forgiving !
Old 07-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Skilled

Lucas,

I took a look at the photos , I went to a Military Friend of mine and he agrees this is what it should be

http://olive-drab.com/od_edged_weapons_tools_lc14b.php

However, you can see it has been modified cut and ground down to fit the need of the person that carried it . As this was often done in the field by Many a Solider .

as you can see here there is a ton of information as to the time frame they were used :
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=LC-...&fr=moz2-ytff-

and Here also : http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/foru...ns-pallc-14-b/
it shows how many were modified over the years .(Good Site)

I hopes this helps you on your quest to find out a bit of the history on your knife .

Best Regards

Sam

Live and Let Live , Do Not trespass on Life or Me! As we are not so kind or forgiving !

Tags
back, bee, blade, blades, handle, knife, machete, made, make, military, post, reading pa, tools, wood