MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > The Watering Hole

The Watering Hole Weekends, girlfriends or happenings ... no knife talk allowed!

Old 07-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Living Legend

Anyone in Dallas interestedin a Forge building class?

For the Dallas area guys considering forging.

I would be interested in holding a propane forge building class if anyone would be willing to pay a couple bucks to learn how to build a forge. We could build a propane forge from scratch and then fire it up and heat up some steel. Could turn into a question and answer session on anything I can help people with.

Maybe I could coax Tracy Mickley to sell materials to those that decide to build their own forge after the class. I would recommend where to get those items Tracy does not carry. I would also provide written instructions on what we do so people don't have to take notes all day.

We could do this on a Saturday and go to a local Mexican restaurant for lunch or bring bag lunches (I have a fridge in the shop). Then spend any additional time playing with the KMG, welders and other stuff I have laying around. May also come up with a few things to sell during the day.

Would this be something people would be interested in? If so, what would a fair price be?

Please let me know if anyone would want to participate and we will figure out the details. I wish I could do this for free but not possible at this time, I need to bring in some cash and this could be a way to do so.

Bob

Tumbling down the road at 35 MPH is no fun, TRUST ME!

Tags
forge, forging