MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 06-28-2015, 10:04 PM
Steel Addict

Devin Thomas damascus.

Flat ground loveless style drop points. Nickel silver guards and bolsters. Devin Thomas stainless damascus.

When I talked to Devin on the phone to order the damascus, I asked if it would be ok to come to his shop to pick it up so I could meet him, rather than just have it shipped to me. He said that would be fine. When my son and I got there, he took us into his shop and showed us a little bit of the process of making his damascus. We ended up being there for a couple hours. He gave me some tips, critiqued some of my knives, and gave me some advice on some upcoming equipment purchases. He could have just shook our hands, sold us the damascus, and sent us on our way, but he took the time to share some of his knowledge and experience with me. Very nice guy! If you ever have the chance to meet him, take it, you'll be glad you did.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:50 AM
Steel Addict

I have learned in the very short time that I've been a part of the knife making community that the makers are very generous indeed (in deed) and share information and advice for us new guys.

Thanks to all.

Very nice work too.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:54 PM
Steel Addict

pcpc201, that is very true, many of them right here on knifenetwork!
Thanks for the compliments!
Old 07-01-2015, 06:53 PM

Really nice blades there. Great detail work on the handles.

Tags
advice, bee, blades, bolsters, damascus, guards, handles, knife, knife making, knives, makers, making, shop, silver, stainless, tips