MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 01-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Registered

Smile New member here

Hello everybody my name is Chris Hutto, I currently reside in Monroe, GA. I have had a life long fascination with blades of all shapes and sizes, this was even more so fueled by my interest in martial arts. Recently I have begun trying to learn anything and everything I can about working with metal, to better understand how to forge. Since I have collected all the essential tools I need to heat, shape, and well burn up a piece of metal. That is why I started poking around a bit and came across this site here, searching for a more focused and I hope instructed source of knowledge of this wonderful art. If anyone at all is willing to take on apprentice that would be ideal for me, but I am all to willing to any bit of instruction or knowledge that I can find to aid my endeavor. Thank you all for any info you may be able to provide.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Steel Addict

Welcome aboard Chris
I am pretty new to this too, you will find this place a great resource
Old 01-09-2009, 07:40 PM

Chris
Welcome to the forums. Glad you posted. Stay tuned to this forum as the official date for the Spring Trackrock Hammer-in will be posted by the first of the week. This will be a good event to get your feet wet (or hair singed as it may be). Most of the Guild members that post here attend. We have a great time. Details will be posted with the notice.

Also the Winter Guild meeting is Feb. 7th down at the Twinblade Knife Shop in Statesboro. Details are further down in this forum. Worth the drive by all means. You can meet a lot of good folks and learn a lot at these meetings. Hope you'll come down for a visit.

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 01-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Skilled

Welcome to the Georgia Guild section of the forum. You have stumbled onto a great group. We have all kinds of knifemakers here, stock removal, smiths and those that do both. We welcome makers of all levels. Check out the other post about the Winter Guild meeting coming up in February. We would be glad to have you attend and you can see first hand what we do. There will be some forging going on and some great guys willing to share their knowledge. It will be a great place to connect with a maker. Several are in your neck of the woods, maybe they will chime in. Hope you can make the meeting, if you can't, there will be one in your end of the state in a few months maybe we will see you there.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Registered

Thanks guys I really appreciate the warm welcomes here it hasn't been easy trying to find someone willing to give me the time of day in my endeavor, in fact my farrier has shown me most of what little I know now. I look forward to meeting you guys and I hope to attend the meeting in FEB, see you guys then.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Steel Addict

Welcome Chris, we always look forward to new faces at the meetings. You will have a good time. I can give you a pointer or two right now. The first thing you need to learn is never admit, especially in print, that you have enough tools of any kind. I think that might be a rule or a law or something. Even if you don't have a significant other at this time it's a bad habit to start.

www.twinxblades.com
Director Knifemakers Guild

Old 01-12-2009, 08:45 PM

The one with the most tools....wins! or was that the most lures?
(I think in my case it's ferric oxide)

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H

Tags
blade, forge, forging, knife