MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Custom Projects

Custom Projects A place to meet for special project threads.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Registered

Looking for support to develop steel-casting micro-furnace

I'm writing to ask for your assistance in getting support and attention for my project to build a new small-scale stainless steel producing furnace. I'm passionate about casting - and I really need your help to make the tools available to more students and artists.

My name is Ted Tague. I'm a senior at the Massachusetts College of Art with a deep interest in metal casting. While I've designed and successfully built a number of iron casting furnaces over the years - I'd like to take it up a notch and create a small, inexpensive furnace able to cast steel. The idea is to create a furnace that can be built for less than $10,000 that will allow students to explore steel casting and alternative alloys.

To get this done I've started a project on Kickstarter. Kickstarter is a widely known site that allows people to explore hundreds of projects underway and, if they are interested, support them. The project owners sets out how much he needs to complete his project. If they receive the total amount - the project is funded. If they fall short - they get zero.

My Kickstarter page for the Hades furnace project is located here http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-micro-furnace We've raised about $1,700 of the $4,000 I think is necessary to complete the project and I have 25 days left to raise the remaining funds.

Any size donation would be appreciated - or even simply forwarding this email along to others that you believe might be interested. Or perhaps you have a Facebook or LinkedIn page where you might be willing to mention it and post a link?

Thank you in advance for your help. I'm passionate about getting this built and sharing the plans with anyone interested. With a little assistance I can make that happen. Please take a moment to visit the project page where there are many more details, a brief video and background information on me and the project.

Sincerely,

Ted Tague

Tags
build, casting, iron, make, notch, post, project, stainless steel, steel, tools, video