MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Outpost

The Outpost This forum is dedicated to all who share a love for, and a desire to make good knives, and have fun doing it. We represent a diverse group of smiths and knifemakers who bring numerous methods to their craft.

Old 03-30-2001, 06:25 PM
Jones Knives

Copper Flowers (pic)

I know this isn't exactly a "knife" subject but I thought you guys might like to take a look at some other things I make.
And don't call me a sissy for making flowers. It get's the ladies attention when you make things like this.

Here are some pics of copper flowers I made back before Valentine's Day.
Each one is made of 12-14 seperate pieces and were soldered together.
They have about 16 inch stems.
albums.photopoint.com/j/V...0&res=high

Old 03-30-2001, 06:30 PM
Don Cowles

Very pretty! I'll bet such things make a dandy peace offering when one is spending a lot of time in the knife shop.
Old 03-30-2001, 06:47 PM
Jones Knives

I'm going to start taking these to knife shows so that the ladies won't have an excuse to drag thier husbands away. They will want to stop and take a look.
Besides, it's always a good idea to get something for the Mrs. when you also spend money on a knife for yourself.
Old 03-30-2001, 10:15 PM
genechapman

Really nice flowers, looks maybe like two patinas on some? Most all metal is fun, thanks for showing.
Old 03-30-2001, 11:22 PM
Dana Acker

Gene, welcome! Glad to hear from you.

Phillip, I don't let sissies forge at my shop, and you're welcome to fire the forge here any day. Anybody calls you a sissy for beating metal into a beautiful object has to go through me first. I envy your talent, Bro.
Old 03-31-2001, 01:02 AM
booo1

no joke those are great. you have got to teach that at the full moon party. boo
Old 03-31-2001, 06:54 AM
Dana Acker

I second that motion. All opposed............Well it looks like the Aye's have it. May's full moon party, Phillip will be demoing roses.

Don't ya love us Phillip? We're so democratic.
Old 03-31-2001, 09:38 AM
Jones Knives

Dana,
Next time I come out to your shop I will bring all the stuff needed and do one or two.

Gene,
The copper turned all kinds of wild colors as I was soldering them together. I then placed them in a small bucket of ammonia to help neutralize the flux. Some of the copper cleaned up to a nice coppery pink while others kept a nice golden color.
You never can tell what kind of color your going to get when using copper. It has a mind of it's own.
Old 04-03-2001, 02:18 PM
Dana Acker

He's right, it's not exactly a knife, but it's cool as all get out. Deserves another look.
Old 04-03-2001, 05:24 PM
Roger Gregory

I think those flowers are cool. I like metal art of all kinds, not just knives. I can't walk past real wrought iron gates without stopping to admire them. A bunch of copper flowers would do the same, stop me dead in my tracks.

Roger
Old 04-03-2001, 05:33 PM
Glenn forty7

Vey nice some of the best I have seen.Make a bice pommel on a knife for the Missus--G--
Old 04-03-2001, 07:19 PM
Dana Acker

Roger, you'd go crazy in Oaxaca, Mexico. The architecture is basically 300+ year old Spanish colonial. Ornate ironwork everywhere. I need a drool bib, I tell you.
Old 04-03-2001, 08:43 PM
Lensmannn

Dana,

Don't forget to take some pics of the process at that full moon party for the rest of us to see! An' have a cup o' coffee for me too.

Lensman

Old 06-03-2001, 07:23 AM
Boriqua

Aww man .... I think I was late to the party. The links to the pix isnt happening for me. Did you take the pix down?? Id love to see them.
Alex
Old 02-05-2012, 07:54 AM

Copper Flowers

Could you possibly repost some pictures of the copper flowers you made. The old site is no more, and I would really like to see some of your work.

Tags
awesome, brand, for sale, forge, image, knife, knives