MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum

The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum The materials, techniques and the designing of folding knives.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:21 AM
Enthusiast

Multi Folder

I was wondering if anyone of you guys out there can make a multi folding knife with about 5 or 6 pieces in it? I have a rough desing made up and the matrial for the blades and tools would be s90v.

Much thanks for any fast replys.

Last edited by Ssj2; 01-02-2007 at 10:34 PM.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:54 AM
Steel Addict

I think i can, but I am far away maybe somebdy near you could help you
Old 12-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Enthusiast

Where are you from Papi? I'm from NC, and I don't know any guys who make multi folders around these parts.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:04 AM
Steel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssj2
Where are you from Papi? I'm from NC, and I don't know any guys who make multi folders around these parts.
I'm from czech republic, thats in europe(there's only atlantic ocean between us )
but if you want it so much, there's a postal service, we can make it happen
Old 12-23-2006, 12:26 PM
Guru

Ssj2 there are a ton of great folder makers here in nc and many of them might know where to get one done if they don't do it themselves. Some good makers here that you could talk to include Alan Folts, Gerry McGinnis and Russ Sutton. Russ makes some lockbacks and Alan and Gerry work mostly with liner locks, but you could probably find someone through them if they won't make it for you. There are a lot of other great makers in NC and some members of the NC guild that aren't here. Koji Hara is one example, he makes great folders.

See my knives @ knives.caphayes.com

This quote pains me:
-- "Strategically placed blood grooves control blood spray in covert deanimation activities." --
Old 12-24-2006, 03:12 AM
Enthusiast

Hey Papi, yea shipings not to big of a deal. can I see some of your work just to get an idea of what you can do in a knife?

Hi Acridsaint, thanks for the names! do you know if Alan Folts, Gerry McGinnis or Russ Sutton have there own web sites or have posted there work on the forum? Also which is the best topic on the knife network to find them in and have they ever made folders with more then one blade in them?
Old 12-24-2006, 04:42 AM
Steel Addict

of course you can, it's here in this forum(http://www.knifenetwork.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=39911), my latest four knives, if you'd like, contact me via email(papi@mujmejl.cz), and i will send you some more pics and we can discuss your knife(or if you got icq or skype, i'm almost always online)
Old 12-24-2006, 08:10 AM
Guru

I don't know if Alan has posted any of his work on the forums, but I know him personally and can say it's very good. He is on the forums here and you can find his email address if you do a search for Alan Folts. Gerry McGinnis and Russ Sutton both have their own websites:
http://www.mcginniscustomknives.com/
http://www.suttoncustomknives.com/

Gerry was taught basic folder making by Alan I believe, so you can expect to get a quality piece out of both of them. Alan knows just about every maker in NC, so if he can't or won't make something for you he'll probably be able to tell you who can.

Of course, you could also work with Papi here, I definitely don't want to take business away from him either.

See my knives @ knives.caphayes.com

This quote pains me:
-- "Strategically placed blood grooves control blood spray in covert deanimation activities." --
Old 12-25-2006, 11:10 PM
Enthusiast

Much thanks Acridsaint. I'm just trying to scope out the water right now and see who can do what and which knife maker has made pieces similer to what I'm looking for and such. I'll be in touch when I decide and go over some basic desings.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:04 PM

ssj2....try eugene shadley...he specializes in multi blade knives...look in the guild member section. hes the past guild president....bugsy

Tags
blade, folding knife, knife, knives