MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Photography Discussion

Knife Photography Discussion Share and improve your techniques on knife photography. Web and print imaging discussions welcome. Come on in ...

Old 11-27-2001, 01:46 AM
CKDadmin

Terry Primos ... Champ for the week!

Terry, I'm not real smart, but I do know when to avoid the contest :-)

I knew that was a good one when I saw it.

Great job, man! There were some stiff competitors this week, too!

Welcome to the "Winners Circle" ...

Alex
Old 11-27-2001, 04:16 AM
dogman

It was nothing fancy, just a nice clean layout that emphasized the knife. My only critique would be to take more of a side angle shot to give the knife more dimension.
Old 11-27-2001, 07:36 AM
Terrill Hoffman

Terry, stand up and take a bow. Good work with fine detail. I think you know how it is done!
Old 11-27-2001, 10:07 AM
ghostdog

Congrats Terry. A very nice picture and a nice knife. This was my second choice.

I voted for dogman. Very subtle photo with a large degree of technical skill.

ghostdog
Old 11-27-2001, 01:25 PM
PhilL0496

It's about time, Terry takes as good a photograph as anyone around these parts.
I of course trying to maintain my perfect record of never voting for the pic that wins voted for Terrill this week. It was a little gimicky, but it was the one I kept going back to.

Nice work all around.
Old 11-27-2001, 03:03 PM
Rade L Hawkins

Great shot Terry-------You did good---Rade
Old 11-27-2001, 04:42 PM
neil charity

Good one Terry, I really liked it simple but nice.

Regards from Australia.

Old 11-27-2001, 05:43 PM
primos

Thanks guys. I'm honored. Never expected to win one of these things, because I don't know Jack about photography. Maybe down the road I'll make one of those light boxes and buy a tripod. Probably ought to buy a copy of "Photography for Dummies" too. I don't know an F-stop from a bus stop.

I see a few comments along the lines of, "Nice shot, but I didn't vote for you". Didn't you guys get the checks? I mailed them out last Wednesday. :
Old 11-27-2001, 06:52 PM
Bob Warner

Terry,

Checks don't work. I have yet to get a vote.

I really just enter to get the feedback from the "know how's" but nobody is feeding back since Steve left. I know my pictures don't stand a chance of winning but everyone kept telling me to enter, I did but nobody told me what to do to correct my bad pictures. I probably won't enter again until I feel confident that I will get at least a vote.
Old 11-28-2001, 08:33 AM
PhilL0496

Bob, I'm no Steve Korn, but I'll comment on your pics. So far I think I've only seen three entries and none are bad. I think the last one could be a little sharper, but that's a common fault I see with a lot of the pics posted here. My only suggestion would be to keep taking pics, try to make every one better than the last and ask yourself before you snap the shutter, "Is this a Wow shot?"

I'd ask that you not become discouraged and consider that there's not a lot of votes being cast in these contests. Second, even if nobody comments on your pics themselves you can still learn something by seeing which pics are getting to votes. If you study them and look at your own shots and think, "What could I have done better?" I'm sure you'll see some improvement.

But once again the work that you're doing is good, and only you can decide if it's worth the effort to get better. You'll have to admit the competition has been pretty tough. Let me ask you, since you didn't vote for yourself, which pic did you like the best? And why?

Tags
knife