MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > Knife Collecting

Knife Collecting From beginner to professional. Discuss the latest trends, get reviews, opinions and more ... If you're serious about collecting custom knives, start here!

Old 04-05-2003, 07:22 PM
Hall of Famer

new to ckdf

welcome tim britton who's knives are just special - check the link!

Old 04-06-2003, 08:17 PM
Skilled

Welcome Tim.. I wanted to say I enjoy looking at your nicely engraved DU every time I'm on the home page of CKD..(grin..).... (for those who missed it, Tim's knife is the one pictured in the "Art/Exotics") header.. Nice website too..Regards and welcome, Rich
Old 04-06-2003, 09:02 PM

Where's the 'Professor' ?? C'mon in and say howdy to the boys!

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 04-11-2003, 07:30 AM
Enthusiast

thanks for the kind welcome !

What an awesome website ! Thanks for the kind words and the warm welcome. First thing that attracted me to "our community" in 1972 was the incredible generosity and friendship from other guild members......soon expanded to include our incredibly patient customers. I just delivered a Terminator to a customer who has been waiting patiently for 18 months.....we communicated frequently and he was excited to receive his knife. There is not another "business" in the world like ours. My shop, techniques, etc. is open. Holler if I can help, anytime ! Best regards, Tim Britton
See you at the Blade Show !!
Old 04-13-2003, 12:41 AM
Master

Welcome Tim. You sure do make some spectacular knives.

Old 04-14-2003, 04:46 PM
Skilled

Welcome to the CKD Professor Britton!

I've enjoyed seeing your knives at the last two NY shows.

~ Cogito Cogito Ergo Cogito Sum ~
Old 04-25-2003, 09:21 PM
Skilled

Hello Tim.....Welcome to this great forum....I met you at the 1971 Guild show and we shared space in the August issue of Knives Illustrated.... I've read your article several times... Looking forward to seeing all you guys at the Atlanta show....

Old 04-26-2003, 07:21 AM
Enthusiast

Hi Lloyd ! Sure was good to hear that you are still at it. You set the benchmark for excellence for many of us long ago, helped many of us to do bigger and better things. I'll sure be looking forward to seeing you and your knives at the BLADE Show in Atlanta. Sad to note that I used to get this excited about the Guild Show every year. Thanks again to CKD folks for one more valuable service..... giving old friends a chance to reconnect ! Take care ! Best personal regards, Tim
Old 04-26-2003, 08:06 AM
Skilled

Hi Tim......I won't take any knives to the Atlanta show..... I just want to see all you guys .....

Old 04-26-2003, 12:43 PM
Enthusiast

Bring at least sumpin ! We ole poots gotta keep at least somewhere near the incredible crop of younger makers ! Some of these guys seem to be starting about where we were after 30 years of beating iron and breathing and swallowing grit. I started making knives with an old Sears 6x48 belt sander and a $50 drill press. My polishing device was a mandrel hooked to an old washing machine motor. Howard Viele's cone-lok wheel was really high tech to me. Paul Fox and I used to play in my shop from time to time....back when he was pinning on bolsters cause he didn't know how to silver solder. It's fun to go back and joke about being a maker before we had access to books and videos and chatrooms. Only alternative that was available to us was to go pester another maker in his shop. Thanks Bill Wilber, Blackie Collins and Frank Centofante for your awesome hospitality and your friendship ! I've got a table at the BLADE show in Atlanta. I'll save you a chair for a good old "remember back when" session. It's great to hear from you again. Best regards, Tim
Old 04-26-2003, 02:11 PM
Skilled

I'll try and borrow a couple from Mr. Frazier and Ed Wormser to show.....I've never been able to make one on speck.....
Yes ,your recollection of the late 60's and early 70's bring back lots of great memories.....I remember when Buster and Steve Johnson were just kids....ha......

Tags
blade, knife, knives