MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Outpost

The Outpost This forum is dedicated to all who share a love for, and a desire to make good knives, and have fun doing it. We represent a diverse group of smiths and knifemakers who bring numerous methods to their craft.

Old 12-21-2003, 01:01 PM
Skilled

'tis the season for a fire...

Everyone please check over your shops for fire safety materials. Check the link to see why.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...27#post2409927

Member of the ABS, EPKCA, NJKCA
Old 12-21-2003, 11:41 PM
Skilled

Sorry to hear about your fire. Glad you all are ok. Let us know what the cause was when you find out. I went right out into the shop and started unpluging stuff!
Mace

www.laurelrockforge.com

"Ain't nothing more useless than a dull knife or a short piece of rope"
Old 12-22-2003, 01:49 AM
Steel Addict

Send a message via AIM to MJ Hofbauer
Exclamation Glad J. Neilson and family are safe

I just read this and it struck me hard. Earlier this week I starting talking with J. thru emails because my parents have land not far from him and go up there all the time. Was curious about stopping by on the way some time. So far from talking to him he has been a great guy, and eager to help. When I read this I couldn't believe it, and it just goes to show you how easily the best of people can be hurt by chance. Anything I can do to offer a hand I would. Thank God that it was as superficial as it was!

As a side note, anyone that doesn't have any fire extinguishers, or just one go out and buy a few. I had a fire in my kitchen last year, thankfully my extinguisher was about 5' from me, and 2 or 3 one second blasts and the fire was out. And so was the extinguisher! Make sure to have a couple, if you don't hit the source of the flames just right you could run out before you put them out.

I think I speak for everyone on this forum when I say I'll have one more thing to be thankful for this Christmas season, that J & Tess and their son are safe and that the fire was quickly contained. Happy and safe holidays everyone -MJ
Old 12-22-2003, 09:52 AM
Master

Sure am glad everyone was ok. To bad about all the stuff you lost. I hope the reat of the holiday season goes really well for you and that you never have something like this happen again.

Old 12-22-2003, 10:35 AM
Hall of Famer

J, Sorry to hear of your misfortune but like everyone else has said thankful that knowone got hurt. Just read about it before I went to bed and thought I would have a hardtime sleeping but didn't. I wish you well......

Old 12-22-2003, 01:49 PM
Master

j, sorry that happened- glad everyone is ok. another thing- please, everyone have a carbon monoxide detector in the shop. two years ago we lost a daughter and three grandchildren to a house carbon monoxide accident. just a $20 item and they still would have been here- so if you guys don't have one in the house and shop, please get one. paul
Old 12-22-2003, 03:12 PM
Skilled

Thanks all.

Good point Paul. Fire extinguishers I had, that I didn't but, I'm going to add it to my list. Sure as hell can't hurt, right?

Member of the ABS, EPKCA, NJKCA