MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2017, 03:29 PM
Enthusiast

gas forge buy or make??

I need a gas forge badly and soon. I've always used my coal forge, running it with Anthracite coal. The problem is I can no longer cost effectively get coal. I'm looking into buying a prebuilt Gas forge, or possibly just making it. Help would be great, I've listed some of the ones I've been looking at. I've seen some square ones and the like that were very nice, and I can weld. I've watched the knife makers for noobs basic forge building dvd as well. It was very helpful. I need to make sure whatever I get or make is hot enough to forge and forge weld. I'm still researching, I've just put out a couple of posts to hopefully help expedite the process so I can order a forge or parts today or tomorrow. I live in small town so if it can't be found at tractor supply it has to be ordered online. Thanks again for any advice anyone has.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Propane-For...AAAOSwlepZ4~nx

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Propane-For...cAAOSwI6RZ2P8T

In case I just build the body
https://www.ebay.com/itm/U-S-Made-ga...cAAOSw4YdY0O2r

On a side note. I have a 17/18" long by 10" tall air tank just sitting outside. Its big but I do some bigger stuff. Nothing that big yet but if it could work I would happily consider it over buying something, to use as a body.

Last edited by Steve Meyer; 11-02-2017 at 03:49 PM.

Tags
advice, bee, blacksmith, build, building, buy, demo, easy, forge, forging, furnace, gas forge, heat, hot, knife, knifemaking, made, make, makers, making, problem, simple, small, supply, weld