MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions

Knife Making Discussions A place to discuss issues related to all aspects of the custom knifemaking community.

Old 04-04-2003, 02:50 PM
Skilled

Thumbs up knifekits rivet press

A while back I purchased the rivet press from knifekits. Upon recieving it I could not achieve the expected results from it. I pushed it off into a corner and went back to banging on rivets with a hammer. I never complained to knifekits. That's just the way I am.

Today I recieved a new set of rivet flaring dies from knifekits with the explanation that some of the previously sold dies were defective and they were replacing them. After one try with the new dies I get great results. I'm so excited I gotta make a bunch of knives so I can make kydex sheaths for them. I like an outfit that makes good after a complaint. But to make good even when I did not complain is super.

I have heard a lot on this forum about knifekits and Alex being top notch. I now join that group to state how impressed I am with the way they do business.

Alex, thank you for the dies and thank you for a great forum. It is a pleasure to be in your company.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds". Albert Einstein
Old 04-04-2003, 08:09 PM
Hall of Famer

great news!

that is good to hear about, fred.
there was an earlier thread about the old dies needing some break-in before they would swage a clean rivet. you might give that a try before you s-can the old ones.

Old 04-05-2003, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Some of them were and some weren't. We chose to replace them all as a matter of principal. Yes, the new ones are perfect. The manufacturing process was twice the cost of the old one, but it produces the exact properties that we wanted in the rollover and finish.

I'm glad you liked them. There's nothing better looking than a perfectly flared rivet and nothing worse that one that isn't ... right?

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC

Tags
knives