MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > The Watering Hole

The Watering Hole Weekends, girlfriends or happenings ... no knife talk allowed!

Old 05-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Enthusiast

Sign You've been doing your day job too long

Hey folks- just having some fun on a slow morning.

I've worked in childcare in one form or another almost entirely since I was 15 (I'm 38 now) and got a reminder of how long I've been at this yesterday: a graduation announcement from someone I took care of in a 2-year old classroom.

Don't get me wrong- I love my job and plan on staying with it another century or two, but I got to thinking about signs I've been in childcare just a bit too long. Aside from the above one here's what I came up with:

I used to help one of the nurses on my wife's hospital with first grade math.
I'm on so many wierd mailing lists that getting Blade magazine and American Girl doll catalog in the same mail is no longer strange.
My ####### rep is no longer suprised by the statement "I'm closing the daycare these dates so I can go to a knife show."
I ran into a someone I used to take care of... and his wife....and their children.

What would be be the signs you've been in your jobs too long??

Dave Armour
Old 06-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Steel Addict

I remember my days at Learjet as a 22 year old mechanic goofing on the old geezers. I am now the Geezer
Old 08-25-2011, 12:02 PM
Enthusiast

So here's mine. We don't have geezers we have FOGS ya have to figure that one out yourself. I'm such a FOG that a while back they brought up a new kid to show him around our deal. Found out his father was on too. I'm senior to his father. Time to go home.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Skilled

You know, just a couple of days ago I was talking to my shearman at the steel mill I work at (I recently was moved to shift foreman for the pickle lines) when all of a sudden it occurred to me that he had the same last name as a teacher I had in Kindergarten.

So I ask him "You're not by chance related to Karen so and so" are you?"

He replies "as a matter of fact, I sure am". So I ask "how are you two related?"

He says, "well, she's my wife!"

It's literally been at least 22+ years since I've had this lady as a teacher, and I actually remember seeing her husband so many years ago, but he had much darker hair (a little more gray these days) that was a little bit longer, and I'll be darned if he didn't seem a LOT bigger.... hahaha

It's just funny how so many years ago his wife was my teacher, and now I'm his foreman.

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword.... (Hebrews 4:12)

My YouTube Channel: www.YouTube.com/ARCustomKnives
Check it out and Subscribe!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:21 AM

I was having a discussion the other day regarding the audit of a consttruction company. I said it had been a while since Ihad done one. The other gentleman asked what system they were using. I had to tell him the last time I auditted a construction comapny was before there were computers.
Scary
Steve

Old 09-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Enthusiast

From '79-'99 I worked as an RN in the local Emergency Department. In that role I provided care for a number of local MDs' kids. The usual stuff....lacerations to the chins as toddlers followed by busted wrists as preteens. I'm still working as an RN in the community and now some of those same kids are doctors and I'm taking care of their patients!

Ken W.

Tags
blade, knife