MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 04-14-2014, 09:04 AM
Enthusiast

Competition Cutter

Here is a project I've been working on for the past few days I wanted to try my hand at making a cutting competition style knife and this was the result. I used 1084 and clay coated it for the hamon and the handle is a laminate of water buffalo horn, bocote, black ash burl, and dyed curly maple. I am going to be making a wooded South East Asian style of sheath for it and will post photos later when that is done. All comments are welcome and thanks for looking.

Robert

OAL: 14 1/2 inches

Blade Length: 10 inches

Blade width: 1 3/4 inch

Handle length: 4 1/2 inches

Old 04-14-2014, 11:46 AM
Skilled

Exceptional work Brother ! I love the design as well . I hope you do well in the Competition it looks like a beast. What degree is the edge ? as that will be a major effect in its ability to cut and do so for a multi amount of times. also what is the RC range (Hardness & temper)

Live and Let Live , Do Not trespass on Life or Me! As we are not so kind or forgiving !
Old 04-19-2014, 09:04 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks! The edge is roughly 15 degrees and it chops pretty well I think it's more my technique holding it back... and sadly it won't be going to a competition but hopefully one day when I make it to the Blade Show then I can make another one and compete, but for now this is good practice.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:52 AM
Enthusiast

So I had a visitor to my shop yesterday who let me try out their nice camera and I was able to get a couple of neat photos of the chopper and a couple of other knives. Hope you guys enjoy. Now there is no going back for me on getting a nice camera...

Tags
1084, back, bee, blade, bocote, design, edge, hamon, hand, handle, horn, knife, knives, make, making, maple, post, project, sheath, shop, temper