MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Sheath/Holster Makers Forum

The Sheath/Holster Makers Forum This is the place to discuss all forms of sheath and holster making.

Old 09-19-2001, 10:10 AM
DtTrainer

Leather Sewing Machines for sale!

I have recently bought out a Shoe Repair shop with 5 industrial size and strength sewing machines. I am keeping two of the machines which I have been able to have cleaned and re-laced cheaply here in Milwaukee.

The other 3 sewing machines I have I will be selling off. All of these machines are old and were used by a man that died so there was no information on how they worked.

1.A Straight needle Champion which is green and stands about 6 feet tall and weighs about 250-350 lbs. It took 4 men to load and unload it. I am pretty sure this machine will sew through very thick leather. Pilgrim's site has an American Straight Needle stitcher that looks almost exactly like my machine.
www.pilgrimshoemachine.co...hines.html

2.A hook needle machine also green in color same approximate weight 250-350 lbs. This machine was used for sewing around the welts of the shoes.

3. An auto soler this machine in a straight stitcher and has a spool of thin cable that it sews. I believe this machine was used to sew the soles of the shoes on. Unknown how this machine would be used for knives unless it could be used for thicker thread.

I am not looking to get rich off of the sale of these machines and I would be happy to sell them off or trade them off to a knife maker that wants a good machine they can fix up and use. I plan on selling these at extremely reduced prices so I can move them.

I have local contacts to have these machines cleaned and worked on if your interested. It might be a good deal for a Knifemaker/Leather worker from Northern Illinois, Chicago area to drive up.

Obviously you would need to pick up all of these machines in Milwaukee Wisconsin / West Bend Wisconsin, no shipping is feasible.

Moderator if you need to move this to a sales column or delete the post, please do so and excuse my mistake or possible breach of protocol.

Jim Bunker

Yojimbo_1@hotmail.com
Dt_trainer@consultant.com

Tags
knife, knives