MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Sheath/Holster Makers Forum

The Sheath/Holster Makers Forum This is the place to discuss all forms of sheath and holster making.

Old 03-11-2002, 08:27 AM
Raymond Richard

Sheath ideas for S guard knives........

Been making alot of knives with S guards and have alway just made pouch type sheaths. One thing I don't want to use is snaps, but really open for suggestions. Pictures would be nice also. Ray
Old 03-11-2002, 09:00 AM
Don Cowles

Ray, you might consider a thong of some sort that is attached to the back of the sheath and loops over one point of the guard.
Old 03-11-2002, 09:33 PM
helmar4578

There are many sheath makers and knife makers that do not like to use snap fasteners for a variety of reasons. They do not fit the time period represented by the Bowie knife as they are modern era. The best solution you can use is the Sam Browne type stud in brass. It is good looking, the restraint feature is strong and fool proof. They have been used since prior to the Civil War period and are in keeping with the Bowie period from the past to the future!
Old 03-12-2002, 09:01 AM
Cactusforge

I use a thong that will slip over one of guard legs or over the handle its self. Gib
Old 03-14-2002, 08:43 AM
Raymond Richard

Thanks you guys, I forgot I even had a post here. I came up with an idea yesterday for a type of thong and I'll post a picture when my son comes home to help the old man do it. Still can't quite do the picture posting on my own. Its kinda like the old dog thing. Ray

Tags
knife, knives