MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Sheath/Holster Makers Forum

The Sheath/Holster Makers Forum This is the place to discuss all forms of sheath and holster making.

Old 03-30-2002, 04:39 PM
Raymond Richard

Couple sheaths........

The larger sheath has the Sam Brown stub, I got the strap ass backwards so that needs to change. The smaller one has a thong system I came up with a couple weeks ago. The larger button has a slot that the two thong ends go threw and it is just large enough for the thongs to fit threw. The smaller button has two small holes about 3/8 apart that act as a break. Its not fool proff but does work.

Old 03-30-2002, 06:42 PM
Cactusforge

Nice knives and sheaths, on the sheath with the thong I have tryed to use a antler tip with 2 holes in it but was not satified,
so quite using it Gib
Old 03-30-2002, 07:21 PM
Raymond Richard

Gib, actually got that idea form a picture of one of your sheaths. Not really crazy about it, after I use the Sam Brown studs up I'm going to make my own studs, easy enough to turn using just a drill press, the ring nut on the large bowie is one that I made out of 3/8" rebar, on the Sam Brown stud I won't need to thread it either. Ray
Old 04-03-2002, 09:50 AM
ghostdog

Ray, those are great knives. What wood you use in the handles?

Your idea with the sliding lock mechanism is interesting. Very similar to a snare lock I used to use on a beaver set. Are the passages for the thongs on both buttons lined up or are they offset from each other? If off set, how much?

I have a knife sheath combo here where a thong on the sheath is attached by both ends to the sheath, forming a loop, the loop is passed through a landyard hole in the handle of the knife and then back over the knife. You would have to cut the thong to lose the knife, not real pretty though.

ghostdog
Old 04-03-2002, 11:53 AM
Raymond Richard

Keith, There's always more than one way to skin a cat. On the button set up the holes are different. The bigger button has just a tight slot and the smaller button has two small holes about 3/8" apart. I used all my scientific knowledge on that thong principle. Ray

Tags
knife, knives