MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > Knife Collecting

Knife Collecting From beginner to professional. Discuss the latest trends, get reviews, opinions and more ... If you're serious about collecting custom knives, start here!

Old 02-01-2001, 06:27 PM
Don Cowles

Sad News

There is no "good" place to post bad news. Rick B. Fields passed away last night. He was an absolutely superb scrimshander, a real gentleman, and one of the finest, most humble human beings I have had the pleasure of getting to know. I will miss him personally, and the knifemaking community has suffered an enormous loss.
Old 02-04-2001, 10:41 AM
Rade L Hawkins

Don thank you for posting this notice about Rick. We were just talking about him yesterday at the Ocmulgee blacksmith Guild meeting. I to am sadened at his passing. The knife makers who knew him will surley miss him. Rade
Old 02-04-2001, 11:31 PM
Jason G Howell

This comes as a surprise to me. He was not up in his years and always seemed in the best of health. I know he was a fine gentleman and a pleasure to do business with. He will be missed.

Old 02-05-2001, 06:29 AM
Don Cowles

Sad News

Rick was being treated for colon cancer for the last couple of years.
Old 02-05-2001, 12:20 PM
CKDadmin

Bless his heart!

"We are in this earth, not of this earth."

Alex
Old 02-11-2001, 10:00 PM
Walt Welch

I did not know the man in question, but every loss to the knife community is felt by us all. My sincere condolences to his family.

Which brings me to my medical spiel. Colon cancer is largely preventable and curable. With no family history or risk factors, a single colonoscopy is preventative for the rest of your life. It really doesn't hurt; they give you drugs, and there is a small amount of cramping just like when you had stomach flu. I had one two days ago. Don't let this important test slip by you by putting it off.

Stay healthy out there.

PS: Tom Mayo; I have scheduled a colonoscopy for you with your doctor for next Friday; just check with him for details. Remember to swallow a small amount of sun screen, as the sun will shine where it never has before, and you wouldn't want to get sunburned THERE, would you.

Fondly, Walt Welch MD

Tags
forging, knife