MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > The Trade Report

The Trade Report This forum is for posting comments on your transactions with Knife Network members. Good comments can go a long, long way ... and so can bad. This board will be tightly monitored. Please keep on topic.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Living Legend

Thumbs down Ebay seller/Warning

I know there are quite a few makers that use pewter or lead and cadmium free cerro alloys on knives and hawks. I ordered a 2.5 Lbs bar of pewter from the only Ebay seller of it right now out of CA. His prices were very reasonable compared to the commercial suppliers. I received an envelope with a 2" hole in it along with a thin paded envelope inside with another 2" hole inside. The bar obviousely punched out of both envelopes.

I contacted him and explained the problem and let him know that I would send pictures the next day of both envelopes. He said not to bother and that he had the delivery confirmation and that I was being dishonest. So I had to start the dispute process with PayPal. In the last 24 hrs he has sent over 12 harrasing and threatening messages via Ebay (not smart). All of this hassle over $23! He could have had me promoting him on four seperate knife making forums by just refunding the money or shipping another bar but instead had to play hardball.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up so you can avoid a headache/hassle.

Last edited by B.Finnigan; 03-02-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Enthusiast

thanks for the heads up, I was just looking at ordering pewter.I think I'll look somewhere
other than ebay.

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."
Old 03-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

Track of the Wolf has it in both leaded bars and non-leaded granules.
You can also use non-lead plumbers solder which is mostly tin (with a bit of silver and other alloying agents) which is mostly what pewter is. Here at Home Depot it runs about $11.00 a pound but there's no shipping costs so........

Durango, CO
chuck@wrtcleather.com
www.wrtcleather.com

Wild Rose Trading Co - Handcrafted Knife Sheaths

The beautiful sheaths created for storing the knife elevate the knife one step higher. It celebrates the knife it houses.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Living Legend

Paypal refunded my full amount plus shipping within 48 hrs of filing the dispute. They did not request any documentation from me. It looks like they viewed his ebay PM's to me and decided he was a "knob" real quick like.

Tags
knife, knife making, knives