MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 05-01-2004, 10:25 PM

TrackRock Scenes

Today John & I made a "quick dash" up to the North Georgia Mountains to spend some times with some great folks, gain tips on blacksmithing, and enjoying the view.

Trackrock is absolutely beautiful. The day started out overcast, foggy, and dreary.

But by afternoon the weather was cool, clear, and dry.

Warm fellowship

and hot forges

made the trip worth it.
And Mrs. "Crex" once again threw together a great meal for those on hand

And folks the best part is family is welcome. John & I have been to Trackrock twice now, and both times we have been very impressed that young folks are there showing a great interest in this craft. We also are very appreciative of the men taking time out of their "play day" to spend time and help shape the lives of these young folks.

And some even share their "treasures" by "gifting" them to a young guy---making it a day they will never forget.

It also is a place that future plans are discussed

Oh, and the best part----if you are looking for somewhere to go for a family outing for tomorrow (Sunday), they guys will still be there firing up the forges and pounding the steel. Go out and join them--you will be glad you did.

Old 05-02-2004, 04:13 PM
Enthusiast

Location: Carlisle PA, desperately trying to get back to Wild Wonderful West (by God) Virginia
Send a message via AIM to alchemy knife
Trackrock

Mrs Joan,

Thanks for the pictures! I really wish I could have gone. Hopefully, I'll make the Fall hammer-in. Trackrock is a wonderful campground and well worth the trip.

Pam

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming.....WOW, what a ride!!

A wealth of information for anyone who works with metal: http://www.iforgeiron.com

Metal artist & blacksmith.

Pictures of what I do: http://www.photoworks.com/share/shareLandi...28B57&cb=PW
Old 05-02-2004, 09:22 PM

Location: Blairsville--in the beautiful Appalachian mountains of North Georgia.
Thanks, Joan----

I had a ball---Think I will have papers drawn up to adopt all that were there---- ---Sandy---

Old 05-03-2004, 08:11 AM
Enthusiast

Location: Carlisle PA, desperately trying to get back to Wild Wonderful West (by God) Virginia
adoptions

Hey Sandy,

Don't forget about Mark, Deb and me!

Pam

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming.....WOW, what a ride!!

A wealth of information for anyone who works with metal: http://www.iforgeiron.com

Old 05-03-2004, 07:19 PM

Location: Blairsville--in the beautiful Appalachian mountains of North Georgia.
Hey, Pam------Can not adopt you young lady-----did that last fall at the hammer/in---- Pop (aka Sandy)

Old 05-03-2004, 07:26 PM
Enthusiast

Pam

Old 05-03-2004, 08:30 PM

Don't worry Pam, we didn't leave anybody out of the "ear burning" sessions, especially you "no-shows". We missed all of you guys.
Joan - thanks for posting all the pictures, and better yet for coming up and bringing John with you and the dessert! See you guys in a couple of weeks.

To set the record straight - the past Trackrock Hammer-ins got to feast on Deb William's wonderfull brunswick stew. You just have to look around at the crowd and you can see that neither Deb nor Karen tend to let the participants go undernourished! I want to personally thank them both for all they do to support us boys while we play with hammers and fire.

The young aproned camo man wailing away is 8 year old Coby and he completed his very first knife. We managed to get it HT'd, finished and ready for sharpening before the day was out. He is now officially the youngest member of F.O.O.S.R.K. (we are an elite bunch of hammerheads for sure!). He made his dad bring him all the way down from Severville, TN just to participate, a very focused and determined young man!

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 05-10-2004, 09:52 PM

Just a quick note to correct a misnomer (mine), Cody prefers to be known by his middle name Tyler. So Tyler it is.

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H

Tags
forge, knife