MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 07-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Steel Addict

Send a message via ICQ to deangates Send a message via Yahoo to deangates
more sad news

i've only known alvin or "old grinder" for a short time, but have really grown to like him .
i didn't know his wife, but would not have a clue how to go on without mine. i can't give any advice on dealing with the loss of a spouse but anything i can do, you need only ask.
alvin, i hope our little group of knifemakers can, if nothing else, help you to keep your interest in knives because i believe it's good medicine to have something to do to ease one's mind. although i've never suffered such a loss, i believe my knives would be a release, or at least a comfort to have something to do with my time.
our prayers are with you alvin and family.
come see us

your friend,
dean gates

see my knives at :www.gatescustomknives.net
Old 07-09-2004, 09:59 PM
Steel Addict

I am very sorry to hear about Alvin's wife. Unfortunately I understand all too well the pain he is in. In case you log on, Alvin, feel free to call me. I am in the book. It gets better with time. I am just now to the point that I can appear in public around others who knew her. It will get better with time. A lame solution, but time is the only thing I know.
Sorry to hear of your loss, Ken

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on the menu. Liberty is a well-armed sheep.
Old 07-10-2004, 12:35 PM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
Alvin,

Both Leila and I extend our deepest condolences to you during what I'm sure is a very difficult time. Like Dean, I don't know how I'd go on without Leila, but I do know that such a large group of caring friends like the GCKG would be a tremendous help. If you need anything at all, just give me a call.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist
Old 07-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Hall of Famer

This is a sad thing to read about, I'm grateful that the knife community bonds together at times like these and offers prayers and condolences. Carrie and I are truly saddened by your losses, and extend our sympathy.

Hensarling Custom Knives

Tags
knife, knives