MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Network : Support & Services > Feature & Member Support

Feature & Member Support Questions about how to use the features on the Knife Network web site? Problems logging in? Post them in here.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Steel Addict

How I post pictures to the Forum

From Windows XP. Windows XP has space tp store a large number of pictures. But no matter how hard I looked, I could not find a way to re-size them. I went to Photobucket, loaded my pictures and found I could not save the pictures to my computer. Yes, I know there is a way to link to the image, but frankly, I couldn't figure it out even after reading the image posting tutorial numerious times.

so, how do I post pictures from Windows XP to the forum? If you look at the drop down bar on the right of your "my pictures" or whatever you have named the pictures file, you will see "email this file." Click on the email link and you will get a pop up asking if you want to re-size your pictures. Chose the small icon, 640 by whatever, and then the email will pop up. No need to send the email, just click on the attachments and go to save, save as, and put in your documents. You now have a complete file of properly sized photo's on your computer. So, when you post and hit browse, fyou can go to your "my documents" or whereever you stored the photo's, and pick and chose at will.

I hope this helps someone, because I had a devil of a time until I stumbled on this back door method.

Cheers,
Dave

Old 12-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Living Legend

Once you have uploaded the pics to photobucket and reduced them you can right click on the open pic and save it back to "My pictures" also. Then you have the regular resolution photo along with a forum friendly reduced copy.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Steel Addict

Son of a Gun, Brent! Why didn'y ya tell me that earlier? Seriously, thanks. I tried everything I could think of, except the obvious

Dave

Old 12-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Skilled

Dave,

Most cameras come with a CD of some kind nowadays. They usually have a picture viewing program on them. And I haven't seen one of those that doesn't have a resize or image attributes function to it.

All that said, if yours didn't and your XP didn't come with Windows Photo Editor, you can go and download a photo editor free HERE.

Just be sure it says ####### free and limitations none. You can read the descriptions, but resizing is a pretty basic function so they should all do it.

chiger,
Old 12-09-2008, 05:43 AM
Skilled

There is a program called Digital Image that you can download for free at download.com. It works real easy. You just list all the pics you want to resize and click. That is the one I use, and if I can figure it out I know you can.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:19 AM
Steel Addict

Thanks Guys,

I think I've got it now. Duhhhh .......Now all I have to do is learn how to take a decent picture. I posted a few of my knifes in the display case and the outpost, let me know what you think.

Dave