MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Network : Support & Services > Feature & Member Support

Feature & Member Support Questions about how to use the features on the Knife Network web site? Problems logging in? Post them in here.

Old 06-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Steel Addict

Domain name question

Hey guys,

I'm having some difficulties with my domain name, blountknives.com, and could use some HELP!!! from someone who actually understands the internet. Right now blountknives.com is pointing to one of those generic ad sites. Over a year ago I tried to have it switched from another domain register to AV, which I thought at the time was unsuccessful and that I had lost the domain. But I recently got an email from AV saying that my credit information was outdated and I needed to update it in order to keep the domain name. I called AV's tech support, and was told that it's registered with someone else, but that I should be able to change the name servers to point to my site. But I'm not even sure who the domain is registered with, or if I even still own it . . . can anyone help me? :confused: Sorry this is such a confused post, but this is definitely the deep end of the pool for me, and I'm completely clueless. Thanks for any help y'all can offer me,

Josh

PS - any recommendations for books/sites where I can read up on the internet and actually learn something about websites?

Old 06-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Skilled

looks like you didn't get the registration in when it was due and another company bought it. of course they will sell it back to you at a price of their choosing. you can still get a new domain and keep it updated. here's the info on who has your domain now.........

http://reports.internic.net/cgi/whoi...om&type=domain
Old 06-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Steel Addict

Shakudo,
Thanks for the help. I've actually gotten another domain name that I've been using, just thought that maybe I'd made a mistake and still had the old one. Oh well, that's one lesson learned the hard way. Thanks again,

Josh

Tags
knives