MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Network : Support & Services > Feature & Member Support

Feature & Member Support Questions about how to use the features on the Knife Network web site? Problems logging in? Post them in here.

Old 08-15-2004, 01:54 PM
Enthusiast

Angry difficulty posting photos

I've been trying to post photos taken with a digital Kodak Easyshare 5.0 at The Display Case forum.(Actually not me but a friend). It seems the file is too large or something, I don't know exactly what she meant. I've never posted there before, and I'm not good with computers, or cameras but I'm working on that. Anyway, could someone explain this Photo posting proceedure so that I can show it to my computer friend and maybe show off my knives . I'm not exactly on the other side of the 'digital divide', just lost somewhere down in the canyon. THANKS, WALKER
Old 08-15-2004, 02:29 PM
Steel Addict

Hello Walker
The problem that you are having is that when the photo is converted to JPEG format for the internet it is being saved at to high a resolution. Tell your friend to use no higher than a medium or even low rez setting. That will solve the problem, just keep lowering the setting until it is acceptable.
It looks like you are in Tennessee?? If you are and are near me. I would be happy to have you stop by & show you a bit of how I do it.
Dusty

Old 08-17-2004, 07:35 AM
Enthusiast

Photo resolution

Dusty, Thank you for your help. Although my 'computer friend' has been out of town untill today, I expect we'll be able to finally get this thing done this afternoon. I do have one related question; Will the lower resolution have an adverse effect on the clarity of the posted photos? I spent most of my time trying to get the clearest shots for detail. THANKS, WALKER P.S. Thank you for your generous offer to personally educate me in this process, but unfortunately there is a great chasm fixed between us. We are about 40 miles west of Jackson. I'll be hiking a small portion of the AT in november with friends, and passing near your area in route, perhaps we can stop by to say hello. Thanks again.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:10 AM
Steel Addict

Walker
I shoot my photo's on a high resolution in case I want to print them. It's just that when a photo goes on the internet 72 to 80 Pixals is about all you can get, if I am not mistaken. Then site's like Knife network have certain limitations concerning size on the photo's. I am sure that has to be or all the photos they host would quickly take up way more room than necessary. Just always take the clearest photo's you can to begin with. When posting a photo Alex has it set up where it tells you what the maximum size can be. By size I mean Bytes not dimensions.
Dusty

Tags
knife, knives