MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Network : Support & Services > Feature & Member Support

Feature & Member Support Questions about how to use the features on the Knife Network web site? Problems logging in? Post them in here.

Old 11-12-2004, 11:48 AM
Guru

Gmail Help ?

A while back A few People offered Gmail accounts. I got one from Jamey and have loved it ever since. I am having a problem now and cant seem to figure it out. I check my email constantly. I am able to check it at work all day and at home in the evening.

Problem is: I can check my email with no problem at work but not at home. I have the gmail notifier in my tool bar and it will light up, drag mouse over it and it says I have mail. If i right click on it and choose tell me more it will quickly pop up my new emails....to fast and not the entire message. When I go to inbox the screen pops up and says loading.... at the top left but says done on the bottom left and the screen is blank. no way to check email at home. I have had no problems with it till just the other day. Ive tried restarting computer, checking for viruses, ran adaware, defraged, im at a loss. Ive even did away with the gmail notifier and re installed it. Do I need to uninstall gmail ? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shane

shane@shaneivieknives.com
Old 11-12-2004, 12:01 PM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
Hi Shane.

Remember that Gmail is still in "beta", even though almost everyone has an account. So it could be that there have been some upgrades that would make the notifier go wonky. You may want to check to see if there's a new version of the notifier avaiable. If not, contact Google with your problem. It's just this kind of thing that the "beta" test is designed to ferrett out.

Glad you're enjoying the account. I have some other invitations available if anyone's interested.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist
Old 11-12-2004, 01:23 PM
Guru

Thanks for the Reply Jamey. Im not so sure it even has anything to do with the notifier. Even when I go into my internet explorer and type in the gmail website it will pop up and ask me for my name and password then that when the problem happens. That screen pops up that says loading..... but done on the bottom right and it just stays blank (white) for ever. I can go to my office now and pull it up with no problem. Seems like its my computer or internet problem. Not quite sure.

BTW did you get that little gadget ? IF not it should be on your doorstep today or maybe monday....UPS.

Take care,

Shane

Old 11-12-2004, 01:26 PM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
Not yet, but I'm looking for it. What kind of internet access do you have at home?

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist
Old 11-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Guru

Comcast. Its weird, I cant access it through the notifier or just going to gmail.com, it asks me for my email and password then it just stays on loading.......

Drivin me nuts ! haha.

Shane

Old 11-12-2004, 03:40 PM

I'd definately report it to Google. That may be just the kind of thing they're looking for.