MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 08-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Skilled

Can't think why anybody would be willing to pay good money for such a weird lookin automobile. Hey, and don't even think of opening the doors on this baby while your on the move. The wind will take it right off for you.

I'd love to see the pics of what it looked like before restoration. Whoever did the work on this one went through a lot of trouble to make it look better than new.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:46 PM

Andries

Have you ever seen the movie "Stander"?
Old 08-06-2005, 07:39 PM

Goin' slower....

Lest you think I am all brag: I just traded in my Honda NT650 twin in for a 125cc 4-stroke Italjet scooter. Yup, you heard me right.

I don't ride the M/C any more and it only collects dust in my garage. I *would* use the scooter more, so I decided to make that choice. (Gas is $2.55 per gallon here in CT).

I may have GONE fast, but I'm a punk now... BTW, the scooter is a hoot and will get used.

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 08-06-2005, 07:43 PM

A scooter sounds safer to me Coop!

Cheers

Moosehead

Old 08-06-2005, 11:50 PM

Moose

You're so concerned about safety all the time and yet you're playing with very sharp knives!?! Man, that Canadian air must working just right.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:37 AM
Steel Addict

An indicated 155 on my 90 CBR 1000 Honda. Indicated 140 in my 98 Z3 2.8. Had a 67 396 Camaro way back when and it had a 3 speed auto trans. It would run the needle a good bit past 120 before shifting into 3rd.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:30 PM
Skilled

Yes Suf. I saw "Stander" with his Ford Cortina XR 6. Most of it is based on the truth, of course. Don't know if the movie was factually correct though. Where in the world are you ? I thought the movie was only shown here.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Enthusiast

The fastest I've ever gone in a car? 2003 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor and I was running code 3 to an officer needs assistance call. I was well over 100 but I never even looked at the speedometer with everything going on. I'd prefer not to do that again. We have a no pursuit policy so unless I get another ONA call, it's probably a safe bet that I never will. BTW this wasn't on the highway. This was in the city.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:55 PM

Hey TxCop

Hope everything turned out ok.

Can you tell us any specs on the Vic? I always wondered what these vehicles were capable of. They're all short-blocks, correct?

What do you think of this thread?
Old 08-09-2005, 11:59 PM

Andries

I'm in mid-west US. I picked it up at blockbuster, although I think there were only 3 available for rent.

For any of you fellas that haven't seen it, I recommend you check it out. Here's a review: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0326208/
Old 08-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Skilled

Hi there txcop. I'm glad to see I'm not the only cop around here. Is it true that your patroll vehicles are specially modified ? We have no policy on persuit, but very few of our cars are modified for performance. Luckily we have a government subsidized scheme that allows officers to buy cars at a discounted price and the government pays 2 thirds of the installments and the insurance ! I allways fiddle around a bit under the hood on mine.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andries Olivier
Hi there txcop. I'm glad to see I'm not the only cop around here. Is it true that your patroll vehicles are specially modified ? We have no policy on persuit, but very few of our cars are modified for performance. Luckily we have a government subsidized scheme that allows officers to buy cars at a discounted price and the government pays 2 thirds of the installments and the insurance ! I allways fiddle around a bit under the hood on mine.
Well, we buy the standard CV police package. It's got a heavier suspension, bigger alternator for more amps to run our equipment(as you probably know they can run for an entire 8 hour shift-then by the next guy who uses it just as long). We don't have take home cars, so everybody uses the same ones. Most agencies here in Texas(and in the US in general)are more concerned with durability and staying power in a pursuit. We leave the high performance stuff to the traffic units that are mainly running in Camaro interceptors. Those of us that can pursue are happy chasing you all over the state....you'll run out of gas before we run out of cops.

Tags
blade, knife, knives