MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 06-21-2004, 11:48 AM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
Moved: What a great weekend!!!

Posted by MrsJoan:

The Blade Show for 2004 is now come and gone and as good as it was, I must say it is great to get home. I don't know which was most fun---seeing everyone at the show, getting to meet some of the CKD folks who post on the forums, or all the fellowship of the meals together. The folks at the Ole Mill Steakhouse will never be the same as our reservation for 20 quickly grew to 30 and ended up at 40 folks. What a blast.

On Saturday at the show we had 2 members have their work evaluated and move from probationary to Full Membership in the Guild!! Welcome and congratulations to Mr. Jim Ragsdale and Mrs. Lori Gates!! I also took 50 copies of our By-Laws with applications to join the Guild and came home with only 3 left. Our name is getting out and the enthusiasm is growing!

John & I had the pleasure of having our daughter, her husband, and our 2 grandchildren visit us there. It was Frank's (our son-in-law) first intro to a knife show and he was astounded at all of the different styles. Avery, our 4 year old grandson, was very excited to purchase a knife with his very own money and Pappy was more than thrilled to take the little fellow around to find that first treasure.

John came home with less money than he went with, thanks to the folks at the supply tables, and I added to my "jungle scene" on the book case thanks to the South African Knife Supply folks. I still miss Nico but do enjoy seeing the non-knife items that are always on display at the table. (Could I be the reason he came home with less money??? Nah.)

We hope all of you had as much fun at the show as we did and look forward to seeing all of you again real soon.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist
Old 06-21-2004, 11:48 AM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
I've gotta agree with Mrs. Joan. This weekend was simply amazing. Much better than last year, at least for me. I think last year, I was in such a hurry, and I was in such awe, that I didn't get to meet as many people as I wanted to.

The knives were amazing, but what I really enjoyed the most was getting to meet the folks I talk to on the forums. I finally got to put a face with some names like Dusty Moulton, Ed Caffrey, Ron Nott, and Andre (Fritt on the Forums).

I also spent a lot of time talking to Tim Adlam, Dennis Greenbaum, Joan and John Poythress, Lori and Dean Gates, and Carl Rechsteiner. I also enjoyed having a few minutes to spend with Wayne Hensley and our benefactor Alex Whetsell.

The supper Saturday night at the Old Mill Steakhouse was simply amazing for me. I was at a table with people I grew up reading about in magazines. Bob Eggerling, Jim Small, Tim Adlam, Ron Nott, as well as Dennis and Dr. David Darom were at our table. Simply an amazing experience for a hack such as I.

I can't wait until next year. The knives are great, but what makes the knifemaking community so wonderful is the people. Thanks, everyone for making this year's Blade show such a great one.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist

Tags
blade, knife, knives